Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love where I work!” and actually mean it. Have fun and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. NPD is one of the leading market research providers in the world. We offer competitive market research and intelligence to our customers and many of the world’s largest companies. In addition, NPD offers a career filled with innovation and opportunity to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our family.
You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Checkout Tracking team will report directly to the Executive Director of Checkout Client Development. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you.
Leveraging NPD’s newest receipt based methodology, the Director within the Checkout Tracking Team is responsible for managing and growing the on-site relationship between NPD and a tier one. In addition to all aspects of client support, from onboarding, to providing training on the data and deliverables, to uncovering new uses and growing Checkout adoption. You will develop and present data driven recommendations as well as engage clients in ongoing subscriptions. .
This position will be based in Charlotte, NC.
• Build strategic relationships with client contacts to develop business insights regarding the clients' most important issues/needs, both short and long-term.
• Ensure overall client satisfaction by proactively relating NPD data and industry trends to business opportunities.
• You’ll be providing insights, data analysis and appropriate solutions, using NPD Checkout Tracking resources and capabilities, to directly support the decision making process within cross functional retailer teams such as Consumer Insights, Strategy, Finance, Marketing and Merchandise .
• Develop a strong comprehension of how manufacturer/retailer relationships can be applied to assist our retailers in growth •profitability while also advancing NPD's reputation, positioning and growth.
• Enhance manufacturer and retailer collaboration.
• Strengthen the client partnership by delivering value-added analysis within the practice area.• Expand the client base to include a broader mix of end users.
• Operate in a collaborative team environment providing support and cross-functional training as needed
• Partner with cross-functional departments and teams to ensure success for the business.
• Provide on time and accurate data reports using Tableau and other related analytic software as directed.
6+ years of experience within data analysis, client services, account management or sales. Category Management or Key Account experience within a manufacturer or retailer a plus.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions/insights from consumer data sources.
• Understanding of how consumer data can be used to identify business building opportunities for clients.
• Experience and practical application of longitudinal panel data preferred
• Ability to generate/support creative ideas and effectively sell those ideas.
• Strong presentation skills with a high comfort level presenting to large groups and senior audiences.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Highly proficient in all MS Office products (strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word.)
• Detail oriented .
• BA/BS or equivalent. Market research, economics, statistics or marketing background preferred.
• Travel typically 10-20%.
The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful presentations that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience.
Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD’s products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.