Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love where I work!” and actually mean it. Have fun and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. NPD is one of the leading market research providers in the world. We offer competitive market research and intelligence to our customers and many of the world’s largest companies. In addition, NPD offers a career filled with innovation and opportunity to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our family.
You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Checkout team will report directly to the Executive Director of Checkout Client Development. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you.
Leveraging NPD’s newest receipt based methodology, the Director within the Checkout team is responsible for managing a small team charged with growing the relationships between NPD and foodservice clients. In addition to all aspects of client support, from growing relationships with subscription clients to delivering ad-hoc analyses, you will develop data driven approaches to solutions that address industry questions.
This position will be based in Chicago, IL.
• Build strategic relationships with client contacts to develop business insights regarding the clients' most important issues/needs, both short and long-term.
• Manage a small team of analysts to appropriately support Checkout and client needs
• Utilize Tableau and other analytic related software to accurately pull and analyze data
• Understand and communicate complex data in an easily digestible format
• Partner with cross-functional departments and teams within NPD to ensure success for the business.
• Ensure overall client satisfaction by proactively relating NPD data and industry trends to business opportunities.
• Expand the client base to include a broader mix of end users.
• Operate in a collaborative team environment providing support and cross-functional training as needed.
6+ years of experience within data analysis, client services, or account management.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions/insights from consumer data sources.
• Understanding of how consumer data can be used to identify business building opportunities for clients.
• Experience and practical application of longitudinal panel data preferred
• Ability to generate/support creative ideas and effectively sell those ideas.
• Strong presentation skills with a high comfort level presenting to large groups and senior audiences.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Highly proficient in all MS Office products (strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word.)
• Detail oriented .
• BA/BS or equivalent. Market research, economics, statistics or marketing background preferred.
• Travel typically 10-20%.