The SupplyTrack practice at NPD works with some of the most well-known and exciting companies in the world. Are you passionate about food and the foodservice industry?
Our SupplyTrack team is seeking a Director, Client Development, who will be responsible for building relationships with our foodservice manufacturer clients, providing them with value-added analysis and insights and driving revenue within those accounts.
This position is based in NPD’s Rosemont, IL, office
- Build strategic relationships with senior level client contacts to develop strategic business insights regarding the clients’ most important business issues/needs, both short- and long-term.
- Understand the dynamics of each client’s organization and penetrate the account base to identify applications for NPD products and services.
- Deliver revenue growth for assigned clients.
- Demonstrate usage of point-of-sale scanner data to objectively partner with manufacturers to help them grow their business and gain market share.
- Demonstrate a strong comprehension of effective manufacturer/distributor relationships in order to assist clients in obtaining market share and growing profitability while also advancing NPD’s reputation, positioning and growth.
- Leverage strong analytical skills and writing ability, and able to distill diverse data sets into cohesive and succinct stories both in presentations and word documents. Provide recommendations to client leadership teams and product management teams, on matters such as promotional success, strategic brand management, and merchandising/assortment planning, based on market research analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10+ years of experience within client services, account management or sales.
- Related foodservice or food industry experiences a plus. Consumer Packaged goods experience also a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with POS data to generate analyses. Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions, insights, and recommendations.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Category Management skills required.
- Understanding of how category point-of-sale data and consumer panel data can be used to identify business building opportunities for clients.
- Develop and execute comprehensive client account plans; understand the client's organization; understand their internal objectives and business issues; develop knowledge of the industry they compete in, and provide day-to-day tactical support.
- Experience in managing and developing a team required.
- Strong presentation skills with a high comfort level presenting to large groups and senior audiences.
- Strong organizational, project management skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in contract negotiations.
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
- Travel typically 15%-20%.