Director, Client Business Development
Novella Clinical is searching for a Director, Business Development to cover the Western USA territory. A strong background in Medical Device or Diagnostics is required as well as prior experience selling CRO services.
Direct responsibility for establishing relationships with senior decision makers and clinical research personnel within pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Critical functions include market assessment; account targeting, and all facets of client relationship management. Client relationship management involves needs assessment, developing an understanding of organizational processes, identification of opportunities, facilitating contract negotiations, closing deals and the maintenance of positive, ongoing relationships with key decision makers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide detailed analyses of market potential, competitive activity and possible clients.
• Based on (1) develop and implement an account targeting strategy.
• Penetrate targeted accounts at multiple levels to ensure maximum understanding of, and influence over, the decision making process.
• Identify opportunities and manage the selling process including facilitating negotiations and reaching closure on new business opportunities.
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with key decision makers in all targeted accounts.
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key members of Novella Clinical’s operational management and proposal/contracting teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated expertise in sales or delivery of clinical services for Medical Device and Diagnostics companies.
• Grasp of the clinical trial requirements for MD&D studies in both US, European and other key markets
• Demonstrated depth of understanding of the regulatory and reimbursement challenges facing MD&D companies.
• Demonstrated track record as a self-starter, showing personal initiative and resourcefulness to drive results while working in an independent setting.
• Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships.
• Strong relationship development, communications and negotiations skills.
• Excellent judgment in the execution of the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a team based work environment.
CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA CRITERIA:
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Very limited physical effort required to perform normal job duties.
· MBA (or equivalent) and/or advanced degree in a healthcare related field preferred and 5-7 years experience in designing and implementing sales strategies at the executive level in either the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries.
· Prior experience in the sales of clinical services is highly desirable.