Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Director, Claims Operations (Subrogation/Arbitration) for our San Antonio, TX, Chesapeake, VA, Colorado Springs, CO, Phoenix, AZ, or Tampa, FL (Commerce Park/Crosstown) facility.
Responsible for the adjustment of auto, property, and physical damage claims and/or the management of catastrophe operations and the results achieved. Oversees and coordinates activities of claims through subordinate management. Responsible for implementation of claims initiatives and achievement of assigned goals and objectives. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Directs auto, property, and physical damage claims and/or catastrophe operational activities through subordinate managers.
- Responsible for achievement of assigned goals and objectives.
- Plans, organizes, and controls the resources to deliver the appropriate claims service.
- Ensures compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, and the fair claims settlement practices act.
- Provides guidance on technical matters, monitors claims reserves and extends settlement authority.
- Responsible for service, loss control, and loss adjustment expense.
- Identifies trends and develops action plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for hiring, employee development, coaching, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluation and all management related functions while building future capability and developing next generation leaders.
- Understands, researches, and works to influence the financial impact for their respective business area.
- Inspires a high performance team that works to deliver beautiful experiences to the members and achieve exceptional results.
- Bachelor’s Degree; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree .
- 8 or more years of applicable P&C claims experience OR 6 years P&C experience with 3 or more years P&C staff, process, or manager experience OR 6 years P&C experience with 2 or more years P&C staff, process, or manager experience with Master's Degree or CPCU designation.
- Strong business acumen of Subrogation/Arbitration Processes
- Strategic thinker, ability to advance strategy
- Masters, MBA, and/or CPCU
- Ability to analyze and interpret data into actionable insights
- Strong Communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Proven ability to solve complex business problems
- Experience in Staff/Experience type role
Job ID R0030222