Director Chemistry Operations
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
We are seeking a highly motivated individual that brings Food Chemistry testing expertise and management experience to help guide our growth. Some of the duties this position will oversee and direct include: operational planning how to better serve our customers for existing and new business, direct the development and implementation strategies for new methods needed to expand the business, help grow the technical staff within our chemistry laboratories, and develop business metrics necessary to effectively run the business.
* Oversee food laboratory operations within the Chemistry division
* Meet or exceed revenue and operating margin goals developed by the company
* Ensure customer satisfaction
* Vendor interactions to determine efficiencies, equipment needs and cutting-edge supply approaches
* Establish programs to ensure new methods are incorporated to meet customer needs
* Ensure up to date Quality and Operational Manuals are maintained for the division.
* Determine services to be offered with method, pricing, requirements, and turn-around-time
* Ensure Laboratories follow directed Safety Programs
* Ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements including documentation and records maintenance
* Provide guidance to laboratory management in inventory and equipment maintenance
* Ensure personnel management within this division is properly managed to include selection of qualified staff, performance management, development, and compensation
* Manage customer relations and satisfaction in concert with customer support, consulting team, and sales
* Financial planning manage to expense budgets, and meet quarterly revenue and operating margin targets
* Assist in sales and marketing of Chemistry Services
* Provide oversight and guidance so that laboratories are maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
* Perform all activities in a neat, safe, hygienic, and efficient manner
* Share information in an open and timely manner
* Responsible for the safety of oneself and others working within their area
* Responsible for the completion of required training
This position has supervisory responsibilities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
POSITION MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
* Master of Science in Chemistry or related field in Chemistry
* Ph.D. degree in Chemistry preferred
* Two years of management level experience required; commercial lab preferred
* Training in laboratory audits, A2LA-ISO regulations and guidelines and related quality assurance experience
* Business knowledge as it relates to budgeting, labor analysis, and gross profit
* Advanced studies in food science preferred
* Or equivalent combination and experience
* Experience in testing food matrices desired