- Leads the effort to develop and implement new, modern technologies for Metlife’s U.S. customer service organization
- Takes projects from original concept through final implementation, provide a single point of contact for assigned projects. Define project scope and objectives.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Manages, coaches, and develops management and consulting personnel involved in managing projects to implement new and/or modified processes, procedures, and/or initiatives.
- Translates senior management vision and develops department vision, strategy, service levels, and business objectives.
- Communicates vision and strategy to staff. Identifies training needs of end users and staff and develops and provides the necessary training to meet those needs.
- Partners with other operational areas to build strong working relations and improve workflow and organizational issues.
- Forecasts and monitors the budget for areas of responsibility.
- Manages critical relationships with consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership.
- Conducts complex research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and issues and develops formal recommendations for presentation to management.
- Designs, implements, and monitors the progress of initiatives, milestones, and budgets to ensure timeliness and deliverables are met.
- Provides updates to senior business leadership regarding project status and the application and implementation of new or revised procedures, processes, and/or initiatives. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Full people management responsibility, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, & training & development.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Experience leading a technology innovation related to customer experience (i.e. Conversational IVR tools, etc)
- Experience working within a cross-functional team including internal teams and vendor solutions
- High School Diploma
- 7 + total work related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred