The Director leads the Milgard School of Business' Center for Leadership and Social Responsibility. The Director plans, directs, and controls the activities of the Center. The mission of the Center is to develop socially responsible leaders who build sustainable organizations and communities. Under the leadership of the Director, the mission will be achieved through education, scholarship, and community engagement. The position reports to the Director (faculty/academic) of the CLSR.
Responsibilities include the following:
• In collaboration with the Academic Director, set strategic goals and priorities, develop budget, oversee planning and assessment processes relative to goals.
• Communicate vision and mission of the Center to internal and external constituents.
• Identify and evaluate new programs, partnerships and opportunities that align with the Center's mission.
• Establish and maintain communication and reporting mechanisms with stakeholders including an annual report of activities and outcomes to the Milgard family.
• Guide the vision for the Milgard School's activities related to the Principles for Responsible Management Education of the United National Global Compact.
• Ensure the sustainability of Center activities and programs through ongoing assessment of needs and resources.
Direct Center Operations
• Direct and ensure implementation of the Center's programs focused on students, faculty and business (including national conferences, student competitions and events, and faculty support programs).
• Develop and maintain Center's promotional and communications vehicles such as newsletters for external constituencies to maintain connections and status for the school as a thought leader, campus communications to keep our students and faculty updated on current issues in CSR and sustainability, and social media channels to broaden our reach and extend our influence in the academic, business and CSR communities.
• Ensure each program's initiatives support the mission of the Milgard School of Business.
• Develop and interpret policy and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and accomplishment of Center's objectives.
• Create a motivating work environment and supervise staff; plan for appropriate staffing levels in accordance with budgetary and strategic constraints.
• Assess current global issues and challenges in the field of corporate responsibility and sustainability to identify opportunities for program, curriculum and research development.
• Create and implement programs and events that advance the Center's mission (e.g. develop a regional Corporate Purpose Roundtable that brings high-level CSR leaders together regularly to discuss best practices)
• Sustain existing signature programs including a globally recognized case competition that draws students from top universities, a practitioner conference that links regional and national business leaders, and an interdisciplinary academic conference that brings international scholars to Tacoma.
• Evaluate program activities and outcomes; establish and monitor metrics of success and make revisions as appropriate.
• Teach at most 6 credits per year on topics related to leadership and social responsibility to strengthen the knowledge of students, connect academic and experiential learning opportunities, and build connections to faculty, subject to need and approval by the Milgard School.
Community Outreach and Relationship Building
• Cultivate relationships with donors; solicit and steward gifts to further the mission of the Center.
• Establish and maintain relationships with students, faculty, staff and administrators across campus.
• Identify learning opportunities for students, UW community, and members of the external community.
• Collaborate with members of the local and regional business community and develop strategic partnerships.
• Secure sponsorships to support programs and initiatives.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
• Minimum of 6-7 years of work experience designing and implementing new initiatives or programs, to include leadership experience and/or skills related to project, operations and budget management.
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in corporate social responsibility and/or sustainability.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated success in building relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
• Proficient in the use of technology to include the Microsoft Office Suite and web maintenance
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
• Knowledge of and connections to the regional, national, and global business and business education communities.
• Familiarity with an academic context (e.g. prior professional experience working in or providing service to an educational organization).
• Knowledge of and experience in grants and fundraising.
• Knowledge of and passion for fostering socially responsible leaders and building the reputation of a Center.