The Director Catering is direct oversight of attainment of assigned team catering/food and beverage sales goals tied to the overall performance of the hotel. The individual will be responsible for effectively managing the catering team. This role may also be responsible for servicing catering clients and maintaining the contracted food and beverage minimum. This role will work in conjunction with the Director of Sales or Hotel leadership to achieve the hotel’s revenue meeting planner satisfaction scores and food and beverage catering sales goals for one or more assigned properties. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
- At least 6 years of progressive hotel catering sales experience preferred; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 4 years of related experience.
- Demonstrate creativity and knowledge of food and beverage/events desired.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the applicable state.
- Must possess highly developed verbal & written communication skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Must have thorough experience with professional selling skills: opening probing supporting closing
- Shows strong analytical skills and strategic vision in establishing appropriate sales deployment
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and manage people of diverse socioeconomic cultural disability and ethnic backgrounds while solving complex problems and creating a productive sales team
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations; maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Effectively manages assigned meeting planner satisfaction scores revenue goals as well as food and beverage catering sales goals.
- With input and guidance from the GM and/or Corporate HR manage Human Resources in the division in order to attract retain and motivate the employees; hire train develop empower coach and counsel conduct performance and salary reviews resolve problems provide open communication vehicles discipline and terminate as appropriate.
- Understand the content reflected in catering contracts and how to negotiate terms therein.
- Proactively conduct solicitation calls conduct tours and entertain clients specific to needs respective to the assigned property.
- Monitor and evaluate trends within your market segment.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Adheres to Aimbridge Hospitality’s established regulations company standards catering/meeting standards and related catering sales metrics.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies of the hotel and applicable departments.
- Demonstrates ability to deliver banquet event orders on a timely basis (10 days) and ensure accuracy.
- Ensure changes are communicated timely to impacted departments/operations leaders.
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry organizations as applicable.
- May assist in implementing and/or participating in special promotions relating to direct sales segments i.e. sales blitzes etc.
- Attend daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Maintains professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication relationships to achieve initiatives with respective marketing partner(s) and other internal departments (i.e. Second Wave Aimbridge Digital or Branded field marketing) as applicable.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager or Director of Sales.