Nestlé and Starbucks are bringing together the world's most iconic coffee brands. Starbucks' robust product portfolio celebrates coffee with rich tradition – customer experience is paramount. Coupled with Nestlé's mission to enhance the quality of consumers' lives and contributing to a healthier future, this strategic alliance will create career opportunities that will drive innovation and go-to-market strategies, bringing the best coffee to customers around the world. It has never been a more exciting time to join Nestlé Starbucks Coffee!
This position contributes to Nestlé Starbucks Coffee's (NSC) success by driving Walmart & Sam's Club category growth aligned with NSCs category strategies while setting up NSC brands to win disproportionately through superior adoption of Shopper Inspired Principles and analytical excellence. Delivers business insights based on deep customer & shopper understanding to develop compelling selling stories that drive business needs and performance. Models and acts in accordance with NSC guiding principles.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership – Setting and aligning goals for the work group, developing organizational capability and modeling how we work together:
• Leads and shapes the direction of NSC brands with the category to win with Walmart & Sam's Club
• Establishes long and short term goals for the categories, as part a broader customer joint business plan
• Champions innovative ideas and experiential solutions to drive total category and NSC growth
• Shares Walmart & Sam's learnings (where appropriate) and business needs with the broader Category Development team, in partnership with HQ Director, Category Development and broader Category & Shopper Solutions team.
• Leads and enrolls the Walmart / Sam's Category Development Team in identifying stretching goals
• Ensures collaborative relationships exist throughout the cross functional customer team and within NSC
• Creates value by working directly with Walmart & Sam's decision makers, both alongside and independent from Team Lead
• Maximizes a return on investment when managing team's resourcing requests
• Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
• Creates a culture of data based decision making and teaches the company how to place the customer and shopper at the core of every decision.
Planning and Execution – Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
• Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization
• Plans and manages Category Development and CBD processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
• Responsible for standardized data and reporting to facilitate key planning and business decisions.
Business Requirements – Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
• Acts as an expert in internal and external collaboration
• Is a master in business analysis, category understanding, and the execution of shopper experience initiatives
• Identifies and aligns the right data source to the needs of Walmart & Sam's Club
• Able to analyze and align all business building opportunities between NSC and Walmart / Sam's
• Leads the identification of category focused opportunities and linkage to broader customer strategy
• Prioritizes category review and ad hoc requests for the Category Development team
• Identifies and communicates key expectations regarding NSC Shopper Inspired Principles and MAPS principles (Merchandising, Assortment, Promotion, Shelving)
• Key contributor in all new item, shelving and category experience initiatives
• Identifies and executes NSC key competitive deep-dives & assessments
Partner Development & Team Building – Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities while building an effective team:
• Personally owns the growth and development of the Category Development team at Walmart & Sam's Club
• Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
• Provides ongoing feedback and coaching to direct reports throughout the year
• Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
• Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE
• Required: Bachelor's degree, preferably business-related
• Preferred 10+ years experience working in category development (management) leadership roles at traditional CPG companies
• Preferred 10+ years extensive experience and mastery working with shopper insights, retailer & syndicated data
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to align strategy, leverage multi-functional resources, and lead Market-Shopper analytics
• Strong Financial Acumen, ability to negotiate and reach win/win agreements
• Understands the CPG industry, leads joint business planning, and can commercializes value
• Ability to sell persuasively and to collaborate with others
• Ability to build diverse, collaborative relationships
• Mastery in use of category management tools (ex. assortment optimization), shelf management software and syndicated data sources
• Ability to handle and manage confidential information when working internal and externally