Job Description and Responsibilities:
Wynn Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, specialty retail, award-winning dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces.
At a total cost of $2.4 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Wynn Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature pedestrian and bicycle paths that provide access to the harbor, an events lawn, picnic and public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Wynn Harbor Walk.
Wynn Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Wynn Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Wynn Boston Harbor team.
The Wynn Boston Harbor Director - Casino Finance will be accountable for all aspects of the Casino Finance Department. This includes, but is not limited to: setting the Casino Finance operating strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Wynn Boston Harbor operating policies; identifying and maximizing opportunities for departmental and company success; maintaining all Wynn Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience. The Executive Director of Casino Finance plays a key role in casino floor operations and regulatory compliance. The primary responsibilities will be ownership of the operations and compliance of gaming related finance functions, including but not limited to, revenue audit, casino cage, count room and expense management process. This position will be fully accountable for the daily operations and team member satisfaction for Casino Finance.
- Ensures all Wynn Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- care about everyone and everything
- show never ending attention to detail
- take responsibility; don't leave it to others
- always strive to be better
- Implements short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Held accountable for departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Oversees the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Administers departmental operating budget and financial controls. Responsible for financial planning, forecast, labor, and payroll for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with all team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate to ensure property wide communication.
- Oversees all hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the department. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback at all levels. Creates a motivating environment.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department and makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, some of which will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team member, with all Wynn contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding communities, as an ambassador of the Wynn brand.
- Overseesall internal business activities in the cage, drop/count team and revenue audit.
- Overseesthe credit and collection departments.
- Ensures compliance of finance operations with all department and company policies, procedures, internal controls and government regulations.
- Ensures the integrity of allCasino Accounting specifics produced by team members.
- Monitors all activities of department, which relate toCasino Accounting Department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Oversees preparation and filing of all Massachusetts Gaming Commission requiredfinancialreporting.
- Directs and controls all internal business activities in the cage, drop/count team and revenue audit departments.
- Ensures all internal control submissions are in compliance with Massachusetts Gaming Commission regulations.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or above in a related field or equivalent experiencerequired.
Minimum 8years of Casino Finance experience, 5 years in a leadership role required.
Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.