The Director of VCA CareClub is responsible for defining VCA’s Wellness plan strategy and tactics. This position will lead, coordinate and monitor the implementation and execution of Wellness Plans within VCA. This individual will collaboratively work cross-functionally with other leaders at our Corporate Support Office within Operations, Marketing, Finance, Knowledge & Learning, Information Technology, Legal and other departments to execute projects and initiatives. In addition, this person will provide direct oversight and management of employees on the VCA CareClub team. The Director of VCA CareClub performs all of the necessary budgeting, planning, and communications required to effectively and efficiently execute on Wellness Plans for VCA that meets training, performance, and business objectives. Up to 50% travel across the US and Canada should be expected with this role.
1. Strategic Planning/Visioning
• Ensure a company-wide focus on implementation and execution of Wellness Plans throughout VCA with the ultimate goal being improved Client Experience and Quality Medicine, while having a positive revenue impact
• Work with the field management teams to create a sustained understanding and comfort level in discussing and gaining enrollment in VCA CareClub members
• Work directly and collaboratively with the Marketing Department in order to create and execute on VCA CareClub creative, communication plans, and outreach
• Work directly and collaboratively with the Knowledge & Learning Department on the design, development, and evaluation of effective training materials and courses for all employee classes related to VCA CareClub
• Coordinate efforts with the IT Department regarding continual improvement on system needed changes or updates pertaining to VCA CareClub
• Partner with the Finance team to ensure that missed payments and collections stay within defined targets. Help in guidance of the call center in handling missed payments as well as client recovery
• Travel throughout the U.S. and Canada (up to 50% of time) in order to communicate as appropriate to the field team as well as Senior Leaders in regards to the successes and challenges with CareClub. Have an understanding of the goals and targets for each business unit and show a measurable increase in enrollments, renewals, and revenue
• Assist the field teams in identifying appropriate ways to hold employees accountable for execution and implementation of VCA CareClub
2. Wellness Plan Logistics and Staff Management
• Manage the logistics related to program execution
• Develop, manage, and deliver presentations on VCA’s Wellness Plan to the appropriate audiences throughout the U.S. and Canada, including Sr. Executives, Group Vice Presidents, field management, and hospital teams at their locations
• Attend field meetings throughout the year to support VCA CareClub with our hospital teams.
• Manage and monitor the progress of various projects, track action items and project tasks, and resolve issues
• Work with key stakeholders to communicate project details to Field Teams and Senior Leaders.
• Manage projects successfully while meeting key milestones and budget requirements.
• Manage the VCA CareClub team
• Oversee 3 CareClub team members located at the Corporate Support Office in the daily performance of their duties
• Guide individual’s performance via timely feedback and support
• Train the team on processes & procedures and identify appropriate training and development opportunities
• Prioritize, organize, distribute, and coordinate flow of work and assess workload based on priorities and level of complexity
• Accountable and responsible for hiring, training, and managing a high performing team
• Collaborate with cross-departmental teams to identify, design, develop and work on wellness plan projects that supports efforts in continual process improvement and execution of VCA CareClub
• Bachelor’s degree
• Understanding of hospital operations and the challenges that exist in an animal hospital in order to effectively execute programs
• Ability to travel up to 50% of time throughout U.S. and Canada with overnight stays.
• Demonstrated desire and experience managing a team
• Ability to develop and execute an overall department and product strategy
• Strong client service, change management, communication, problem solving, public speaking, and project management skills
• Demonstrated experience in driving a high profile program through a large organization utilizing cross functional teams
• Strong ability to communicate and partner closely with executives and employees at all levels
• Strong work ethic, desire to learn; good attitude and high degree of professionalism
• Ability to lead through influence without direct authority
• Ability to work as a part of a team; as well as independently
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
• Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint