We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
As a Director of Care Management, you will provide direct oversight and leadership to multi-disciplinary care management staff that enables our organization to deliver exceptional patient and provider experiences.
Could this be you?
In this role, you will design care management service delivery that is aligned with organizational goals for clinical, financial and experience outcomes across all practice groups. As a member of our team, you’ll collaborate with VillageMD market leadership, operations and analytic teams to successfully execute quality metric outcomes.
How you can make a difference
- Leveraging payer content knowledge to ensure care teams execute against established goals across multiple payers
- Measuring clinical outcomes by using internal and external benchmarking to build action plans and proactively address opportunities for improvement
- Collaborating with the population health operations and analytics teams to execute on organizational strategy and execute quality metric outcomes
- Articulating barriers and challenges across the management structure to identify solutions that contribute to the development of a sustainable platform for care management programming
- Holding regional leaders and teams accountable for delivering patient services aligned with organizational goals for clinical, financial and experience outcomes
- Leading strategic planning, program development and operations management across the team
- Identifying and extending opportunities for staff development and actively participating in the recruitment of care management talent
- Managing daily operations of care management employees, integrating workflows with physicians, and practice staff, to achieve outcomes and eliminate barriers to success
Skills for success
- Strategic ability with an affinity for operations; not afraid to dig into the details of the work to influence a positive outcome
- Ability to create structured narrative around qualitative data
- Superior relationship skills with the ability to craft meaningful partnerships
- Positive attitude with a solution-oriented approach and a comfort working within ambiguity
- A passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing with current RN licensure in state of Georgia OR
- Master’s degree in social work with clinical license in state of GA
- 5+ years of direct management experience leading teams in a high growth environment
- 5+ years of clinical, bedside nursing experience
- Care management Leadership experience as Director or Manager and/or previous value-based care experience strongly preferred
- In-depth, working knowledge of state and regulatory guidelines
- Experience with quality improvement methodology, practice and execution
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen
- Experience building successful processes across care settings from acute care to ambulatory care to sub-acute, etc. through relationships and a data-driven approach
- Proficiency in the Microsoft office suite of products including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point