Under the direction of the senior director, leads the facilities Care Coordination and Social Services, including but not limited to clinical resource management, discharge planning activities, patient advocacy, clinical social work and best practice in medical necessity determination and concurrent review.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Directs and manages areas including planning, organizing and directs all activities, staffing, performance improvement in the delivery of clinical services (such as LOS reduction). Reports needs within the Medical Center and Dignity Health, as well as government and regulatory reporting.
- Guides Care Coordination activities according to the needs, requirements, and policies of the Medical Center, the affiliated medical groups and health plans, Dignity Health, any Federal and State agencies, and according to standard practices of the professions under the director's accountability.
- Consults and collaborates with other managers, physicians, administration, and community based healthcare workers regarding care management issues identified through corporate or facility initiatives and current literature.
- Works closely with all departments at the medical center and the post-acute service providers to streamline the patient transition through the health care system and into the community post discharge.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or experience equivalent required.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressive supervisory or management experience in an acute hospital setting
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license. CM certification preferred