Director, Care & Clinical Services
Less than 5 years experience • Government & Non-Profit
TheDirector of Care & Clinical Services will report to the Vice President of Care& Clinical Services. The primary role of this position is to lead theimplementation of MDA’s clinical, education, family outreach and summer camp programsin their territories. This individual will lead and actively manage a team of Care& Clinical Services Associate Directors, Specialists andCoordinators. The Director of Care & Clinical Services will beresponsible for maintaining and growing relationships with MDA Care Centerpersonnel and institutions throughout their territory. The Director of Care& Clinical Services will often be interacting with National Directors andleaders on continuous program quality improvement efforts as well as program development,enhancement, and implementation efforts. TheCare & Clinical Services Director will be engaged in clinical settings, butwill not at any time provide direct patient care or dispense medical advice.
- Lead, train, develop and manage team of Care & Clinical Services Associate Directors, Specialists, and Coordinators (including but not limited to managing annual strategic planning for territory, business plan oversight, goal setting, performance reviews, managing PTO and leave requests, etc.).
- Develop and implement annual strategic and business plans for territory.
- Identify opportunities for MDA to engage in public activities in the territory.
- Responsible for attending the Care Center in the office location in which position is geographically based.
- Actively manage team as they engage in Care Centers and communities in the territory.
- Delegate to and collaborate with Associate Director(s) in the territory in the active management and oversight of Specialists in the territory.
- Provide mentoring and training support to staff in territory and identify opportunities for staff in territory to take leadership opportunities.
- Maintain and grow relationships with MDA Care Centers and host institutions in the territory.
- Accountable for oversight of data management within the territory (i.e. ensure data integrity, actively monitor metrics associated with the activities of the team in the territory, and other oversight duties).
- Responsible for the successful implementation of engagement in Care Centers as well as summer camps and family outreach programs within the territory.
- Work with National Directors and leaders oncontinuous program quality improvement efforts as well as program development,enhancement, and implementation efforts.
- Develop and oversee the budget and annual financial planning for the territory and provide regular updates and forecasts.
- Responsible for ensuring a balanced budget throughout the year and for regular reporting to supervisor on budget status through the year.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with income leadership within your territory.
- Responsible to provide support or coverage during Associate Director vacancies & PTO/time off.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles, take calculated risks to accomplish goals. Ability to work a demanding, primarily self-directed work schedule. Continually work to improve leadership skills.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change. Must be able to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced organization.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively, comfortable with public speaking.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives: Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully; solicit feedback and use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- An undergraduatedegree in a social services or health-related field is required. Advanced degree in a related field is strongly desired.
- Minimum of three (3) years management experience in health care institutions, voluntary health organizations or related field or industry required.
- Clinical experience and/or credential desired.
- Successful track record in strategic planning, program implementation, consensus building and relationship building.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills and experience navigating complex environments with professionalism and discretion.
- Previous management experiencerequired; preferredexperience in managing a large team in various locations.
- Proven success managing professional staff and providing guidance and support to help them achieve their professional and career goals.
- Demonstratedexperience in financial and budgetary management.
- Ability to travel; overnight travel will be required. Travel percentage varies based on territory. Reliable transportationrequired and proof of a valid Driver’s license
- Advanced level Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access, SharePoint, design programs and customer relationship management software.
- Comfortable interacting with families from diverse disability, cultural and economic backgrounds within a semi-medical environment.