Provide leadership oversight for a policyholder services operation, consisting of multiple teams, to deliver a seamless sales and customer service experience, including transactional processing and client contact, with accountability for employee engagement. Manage relationships while developing and executing client service strategy with internal and external partners. Ensure that teams meet or exceed all client service metrics, and take overall accountability for sales and service quality within their team, lead process improvement initiatives and provides subject matter expertise to managers and teams to drive quality of service and operational performance.
- Operational Performance and Client Service Strategy: Develop, implement and manage cost-effective, efficient, compliant, and accurate processing of sales/service call handling, escalations, and transaction processing functions, to deliver a high-quality level of service for customers. Develop and implement business plans and process improvements among teams of on-site, virtual, and off-site employees. Define, develop, and communicate efficiency, accuracy, and service quality metrics, driving all employees and vendor contractor teams to meet and exceed metrics.
- Operations Performance Management: Provide effective leadership to direct reports incorporating performance management practices through individual performance plans, feedback sessions, and coaching and development. Oversee and advise direct reports on the performance management process for associate level employees. Set measurable goals for efforts that support the policyholder sales and service strategy. Monitor and analyze performance of multiple teams, lead leaders to optimize operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Business Partner Relationships: Manage relationships, effectively communicate and provide thought leadership and direction regarding policyholder services operations to AAH business partners. Work closely with the policyholder services strategy director and VP to develop operational business plans to provide exceptional customer experiences and achieve organizational goals. Effectively manage costs and ensure a seamless and cohesive customer experience focused on continuous improvement opportunities to eliminate waste.
- Coaching, leadership development and Culture: Provide operational oversight focused on coaching and leadership development and operational efficiencies to drive sustained business results. Ensure policyholder services practices behaviors and culture supports exceptional customer experiences. Effectively communicate, reinforce, and personally demonstrate practices, behaviors, and attitudes of the desired culture. Collaborate with leaders to identify barriers to the desired culture and overcome them. Champion new practices that support the culture.
- Workforce and business resources: Consult with workforce planning and service forecasting team, as well as business partners, to provide high-level thought leadership regarding staffing plans and scheduling to ensure an appropriately-trained workforce is available to meet service volume expectations. Partner with other service teams to facilitate cross-functional resource sharing as necessary. Approve overrides, account changes, or other charges, credits, or service transactions when required by company or regulatory policy or procedure as necessary.
- Projects: Provide project management and subject matter expertise on large scale process improvements or other projects related to products and transactions handled by their teams. This would include project leadership where appropriate as well as managing the involvement of direct and indirect reports on project teams related to operational efficiencies and performance improvement. Work directly with business process.
- Service escalations and Resolution: Work directly with clients as necessary to resolve high urgency or highly complex service issues when escalated by leaders or coaches, including coordinating involvement of technology, sales force, or other service teams and internal partners in issue resolution and service recovery efforts.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent and 10+ years' relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain P&C License within 90 days.
- Previous experience leading diverse teams required, preferably within a large-scale client-facing organization.
- Strong working knowledge of client service and sales processes, policies, techniques, and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability working withinternal & external partners at all levels.
- Previous P&C industry experience.
- Leadership development and coaching.
- Required travel based on business needs.
- Experience working in a Lean environment.
- Experience working in a call center environment.