Under broad administrative direction, and within the context of the mission, vision and values of the Affiliate, this position provides overall direction and leadership for nursing services.
The Nursing Director has oversight control of the Heart and Vascular Institute and the Cardiovascular Service Line. The Director is responsible for providing effective management development and assuring accountability in the provision of financially responsible, quality nursing care that consistently meets/ exceeds the expectations of patients, families, physicians and staff. This position works closely with other nursing directors, ancillary leads, medical directors, and department chairs to continuously improve quality and ensure a healthy work environment for staff.
Education, Licensures, and Certifications:
- BSN - Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related healthcare field - Required
- Master's degree in Nursing or related healthcare field – Preferred
- Registered Nurse - State Licensure – RN- Required
- Basic Life Support - BLS - Required upon hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support – ACLS – Required
- Certified Nurse in Area of Specialty within 1 year- Preferred
- Five (5) to seven (7) years' previous management experience in a Cardiovascular / Heart department - Preferred
- Occasional travel
- Occasional PM or weekend shifts
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of government regulations, management theory and practice including systems analysis, nursing theory and Standards of Care; financial and human resources management and organizational development.
- Working knowledge of Title 22, and applicable regulatory agency requirements, JCAHO standards and accreditation process; problem assessment and problem solving techniques; policy and procedure development and personnel management techniques.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational planning skills. Ability to function in high stress situations.
- Ability to interact with individuals and groups at all levels. Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills; personnel development and management skills and an effective leadership style.