Description: Responsible for overall scope, schedule and budget for Service Area Capital Projects, other than major Hospital projects for the Region. Provides functional, technical, operational direction and assistance to Team Managers and Construction Managers to facilitate delivery of capital projects up to $10 million for all Areas in a timely, efficient and compliant manner. Develops strategic direction and establishes performance management in conjunction with the integrated project delivery teams. Accountable for contract oversight, participating on contract negotiations, disputes and legal actions. Ensures development of comprehensive project delivery plans, reviewing risk mitigation plans and strategies to avoid cost over runs and schedule delays.
- Responsible for overall scope, schedule and budgets for Service Area Capital Projects other than major Hospital projects for the Region, which includes facilities expansions, renovations (estimated budget of $250 million annually), Plant Maintenance & Renovation projects (250-300 individual projects annually), and other major projects (ADA compliance, Health Connect, etc.). Directs the integrated project delivery teams, including Team Managers, Construction Managers and related personnel, in all project phases encompassing scoping, planning, design, scheduling, sub-contracting, construction, close-out and staffing of capital projects in accordance with project objectives and corporate policies. Works with Region and (Service) Areas on portfolio management, development of PM&R allocations and Service Agreements to ensure start-up and completion of work within the planned year. Total annual spend in excess of $700M.
- Coordinates and reports on construction aspects of Region-wide and & IT; $5 million (USP797, Consolidated Endoscope, etc.). Oversees Facilities Condition Assessment (FCA) performance for Region ($1.4B, not including Minor Work Orders). Updates Facility Condition Index and communicates (FCI) improvements and changes in FCA strategic plan to Region and Program Office. Monitors and reports on construction performance across Region.
- Ensures design/construction projects are consistent with industry best practices, NFS design standards, scope, schedule, and budgets as well as providing leadership to Service Areas and Capital Project Teams in resolving disputes/claims and enforcing contractual terms and obligations. For employees based in CA, ensures that all obligations are met under OSHPD.
- Ensures development of comprehensive project delivery plans by reviewing risk mitigation plans and strategies to avoid cost over-runs and schedule delays. Accountable for contract oversight; reviews and signs contractors as per Funds Disbursement Authority (FDA) and approved signature matrix. Participates with project teams and Contracts group on contract negotiations, disputes and legal actions. Evaluate potential project financial risks, report potential risks and recommend to management, taking timely action to avoid technical, financial and internal customer satisfaction issues.
- Establishes/approves strategic direction, performance management systems and metrics in conjunction with the integrated project delivery teams, including Team Managers (CRE Managers Construction Project Teams), Construction Managers and related personnel (FTE's = ~150, Trade Labor = ~617). Advises on trade labor strategies, coordinates contract renewal activities with Labor Relations and assists in overall management of the trade labor workforce. Primary decision maker for trade grievance dispute resolution. Responsible for recruiting, training, retaining and promoting qualified staff at all subordinate levels.
- Establishes relationships and ongoing communications with internal/external customers, including Regional Leadership, Area Leadership, Regional Financial Planning & Decision Support, Regional Capital Planning, Facilities Services and Support Services Assistant Administrator peer groups to ensure performance expectations are met and customer satisfaction issues are recognized and addressed in a timely manner.
- Works with Executive Director to develop and maintain the strategic direction of business units with NFS. Leads management team to establish strategic plans and objectives for the function in cooperation with regional leadership. Lead efforts to improve productivity, lower project costs and risk- exposure to best-in-class levels. Identify, implement and share best practices in a manner that will allow rapid dissemination throughout all NFS projects.
- Influences the development and execution of functional KP wide policies and long term goals. Builds a culture around process improvement and operational excellence.
- Provides strategic leadership utilizing creative project and operations management skills; financial and business insight; plays a key role planning, developing and enabling processes for NFS to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Leads core project operations by overseeing entitlement, design, planning, cost, schedule, quality performance, budgeting and forecasting.
- Facilitates emergency response teams. Assess and ensure compliance of KP and NFS business fundamentals, policies and procedures.
- Minimum seven (7) years of leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a management role overseeing the completion of construction projects.
- Minimum eight (8) years of construction industry experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, construction management, architecture, structural or electrical engineering or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in contract management for construction activities.
- Working experience with NFPA Life Safety Codes and appropriate building codes.
- Extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, engineering principles, facility management and maintenance.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- In-depth knowledge of appropriate project management and construction management systems.
- Highly developed analytical capabilities, change management and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills; strong written and oral communication skills.
- Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of e-Builder.
- For employees based in CA, hold a general contractor license in the State of California as an individual.
- Job Number: 624551