We are the leading small business lending platform globally and the Capital Markets team is responsible for ensuring we develop a deep and diverse funding base to support our origination growth. You will be responsible for expanding our funding base within the Institutional Investor channel.
The role is primarily outward facing but will require close collaboration with our Capital Markets Structuring team. You will be representing Funding Circle to Senior PMs and decision makers which requires a high level of confidence and superb pitching and presentation skills. You are passionate about supporting small businesses and possess a positive and upbeat attitude. This position will be located in New York City.
We are looking for a collaborative, credible, solutions-oriented problem solver, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a keen insight to the US Institutional marketplace. You would bring a strong institutional rolodex, presence, and excitement to support the US growth plans – this includes having:
- Excellent sales skills, investment knowledge and in-depth knowledge of US market conditions in Consumer ABS, Specialty Finance, ABS Origination & Distribution, High Yield and Leveraged Loan credit
- Strong presentation, communication, ability to work collaboratively across the organization, entrepreneurial nature, and excitement about building a business and Funding Circle brand
- Leadership experience and team coaching a plus
- Provide insight and feedback on developments, sentiment and trends within the institutional channel with regard to Funding Circle specifically and the industry/economy/credit in general
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years established track record in institutional sales,
- relationship management or fundraising across the main institutional
- client sectors.
- Service oriented mind-set with a sense of urgency when responding to
- internal and external requests
- Deep technical knowledge of Structured Products and portfolio
- management techniques across different total return investor types
- Well organized, high energy, self-starter with an ability to work
- independently within the Company's demanding and highly focused
- Entrepreneurial skills are key to success in this role
- Ability to lead and partner with peers
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or progress towards CFA preferable
- Identification with our mission: "to build a better financial world"
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be
- Open, Stand Together, Live the Adventure
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Experience with SQL, Bloomberg, Intex or Python