Description Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to six East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, GIANT/MARTIN'S, Hannaford and Stop & Shop, as well as the country’s largest online grocery retailer, Peapod.
Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Commercial Services and Strategy, Operations, Information Technology, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services.
Position Title: Director Capex
Position Location: Salisbury, NC or Quincy, MA or Scarborough, ME or Hyattsville, MD or Carlisle, PA
Responsible for the strategic sourcing and management of approximately $2.5 - $3b (depending on capital plan) in Not for Resale CAPEX spend. This position is responsible for the creation, management and development of the strategies to minimize our NFR cost structure while ensuring that the services/products meet the quality and strategic needs of all company stakeholders. The person must possess high level negotiation skills and ability to build and leverage extraordinary internal and external cross functional relationships to aggressively drive costs out of business.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee the development & execution of strategies through the strategic process for all external portfolios. Drive annual improvements in each spend category
• Serve as primary champion & process leader for the strategic process for each spend area.
• Set priorities & performance goals for Managers.
• Guide strategy development for major commodities
• Oversee the development of annual strategic sourcing plans which specify how savings goals will be achieved.
• Supervise CAPEX Sourcing MGR’s and ANALYSTS.
• Communicate team progress with the VP NFR and senior leadership and ensure clear alignment between team action and business interests.
• Responsible for leading strategic sourcing efforts in specific commodity areas as necessary/appropriate.
• Work with Stakeholders and the supplier community; develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimize total cost of ownership for spend categories within the portfolio.
2. Supplier Management
Oversee the process to select and manage suppliers.
• Based on each commodity’s sourcing strategy, oversee the supplier selection and negotiation process for key sourcing teams.
• Establish and maintain contractual and business relationships with the senior management of key suppliers.
• Support the Team in the resolution of customer satisfaction and vendor issues.
• Be active in the effort to achieve Diversity and Sustainability objectives.
Measure & track internal performance within each spend category.
• Track forecasted vs actual savings for the portfolio of commodities and is responsible for communicating performance against these measures and their potential budgetary impact.
• Work together with stakeholders in the business units to ensure savings are built into budgets and the annual operating plan
4. Cross Functional Business Leadership
Monitor Strategy Implementation
• Work with each team to ensure sourcing strategies are implemented.
• Responsible for breaking down organizational barriers.
• Effectively communicating overall sourcing trends/results for his/her commodities to the VP NFR.
Develop expertise in the portfolio spend categories
• Remain current with market trends and ensure NFR has a process to gain access/familiarity with emerging supplier capabilities.
6. Talent Management
Attract, develop and retain talent base
• Develop performance objectives, talent assessment and planning and conduct annual reviews with Team.
• Participate in career planning and development for each Associate, and will assume a mentoring relationship with high-potential sourcing professionals.
• Improve overall sourcing morale by communicating savings opportunities and successes throughout the company for strategic sourcing commodities and will actively champion the elevation of NFR as a valued and career enhancing experience Requirements Basic Requirements:
8-10 years experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Passion for reducing costs – exhibits high energy and the enthusiasm to establish a new approach to sourcing
• Demonstrated cross functional leadership
• Strong ability for Prioritization
• Self motivated & Strong Initiative
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Expert Presentation skills; Able to convey the story behind the statistics
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong customer focus
• Previous management and leadership skills
• Attention to detail
• Expert negotiation skills
• Strategic planning
• Comfortable with presenting to senior leadership