The Business Unit Operations role is the voice of the Business Units (BU), Identity and Access Management Solutions (IAMS) & Extended Access Technologies (EAT), within the HID Global Operations & Business Excellence (OBE) organization and the voice of OBE within these respective Business Units. The role is the primary contact regarding all OBE matters including request for information, performance, revenue forecasts based on shipments, quality, and other related OBE items.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Liaison between OBE and BU on all operations and business excellence matters.
- Owner of the BU experience within the OBE organization and vice versa
- P&L ownership for the OBE requirements for the BU (Direct Material, Direct Labor, & Fixed and Variable Production and SG&A related costs)
- Manage the BU priorities for supply constraints and determine and communicate allocations
- Participate in the revenue forecasting process
- Collaborate with Sales & Operations Planning to assess the BU demand vs. supply. In the event of issues, lead discussion on prioritization or root cause corrective actions
- Integrate the BU and OBE scorecards and lead performance improvement processes
- Coordinate OBE requirements and information for customer requested scorecard reviews, customer complaint/issue reviews, sales requested reviews, etc.
- Manage customer requirements such as on site audits/visits, assessments, questionnaires, new supplier onboarding requirements, etc.
- Assist with customer requests, as required (ex. unique packaging or labeling), and ensure the CPO (Custom Product Opportunities) process is being followed when applicable
- Lead and aid in customer resolution of escalated issues
- Act as point of contact for acquisitions, and ensure proper coordination within OBE
- Ensure alignment between BU initiatives and OBE annual planning (financials/ resources/ capital investments)
- Participate and contribute in quarterly BU and senior leadership board meetings, updating progress on appropriate deliverables
Required Knowledge / Experience: Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills
- Displays high levels of collaboration and teamwork
- Must possess above average reasoning and analytical skills
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Tactical, diplomatic, and driven with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to take ownership and drive improvements, coordinate change and deliver results at a global level
Education and/or Experience
- Must possess a 4-year college degree. Master’s degreepreferred
- Multiple cycles of learning – OBE management roles, business unit roles, or other key functional experiences
- Minimum 8years of experience
- Proven experience implementing process improvements
- Proven track record of highly effective analysis and communication
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively communicate with global teams
- Ability to drive scalable, consistent, simplified, and high performance customer solution in partnership with product marketing and global operations
- Process knowledge and awareness required to impart customer requirements and priorities into organizational standard work
- Internal customer orientation—must be able to assimilate and build plans to meet internal customer requirements
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels
- Travel worldwide up to 33% as required
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States