Leads the strategy design, coordination and implementation of a relationship pricing tool for Commercial Banking as part of the Business Transformation project team.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leads the strategy design, coordination and implementation of a relationship pricing tool that spans across lending and cash management products to ensure successful execution by:
- Leading the vendor selection processes as well as maintaining in-depth knowledge of the projects’ financials
- Utilizing agile project and program methodology to ensure the project is completed as agreed against a background of constantly changing and occasionally conflicting priorities while effectively managing the escalation of issues with stakeholders for resolution
- Directing key activities and project members to ensure all phases are adhering to project schedules and budgets
- Managing the operating framework for the overall program to keep individual working teams aligned
- Effectively communicating the scope and anticipated outcomes and deliverables to all project stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside Commercial Banking to ensure timely execution of all program components
- Securing consensus, alignment and engagement from stakeholders and senior management, as well as maintaining in-depth knowledge of the projects’ financials
- Conducting external research, field observations and keeping abreast of competitor positions and changing market influences
- Developing unique approaches and customized solutions for business banking customers
- Identifying enabling technology needs and solutions and related training needs
- Leads the communication strategy and change management effort to communicate changes in current pricing methodology, processes and systems that support the ongoing development and implementation of the relationship pricing tool by:
- Leading the overall change program in partnership with Canadian Banking strategy communications
- Identifying, planning and executing communication initiatives with key stakeholders and businesses to sustain momentum
- Identifying tactical responses to negative trends or problems
- Establish reporting mechanisms to track and monitor progress and metrics to measure success
- Lead cross-functional teams, without direct authority, including IT&S, Operations and GTB, and ensure effective deployment of resources by:
- Ensuring that expectations, accountabilities, objectives and goals are effectively communicated
- Build team competence with partner support and endorsement
- Timely communicating to multiple stakeholders on progress and issues
- Resolving issues between team members/stakeholders to meet objectives / overcoming obstacles/guiding to alternatives, if required.
- Reporting to senior management the progress and escalating issues with recommendations and solutions to consider.
- Responsible for thorough and complete project working files for retention and project audit purposes and undertakes post project implementation reviews for constructive input for continuous process improvement.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
(include secondary Manager if applicable)
·VP, Business Transformation
- Measurement criteria includes achievement of key metrics, project deliverables and budgets as determined after the business case is approved.
- Works primarily with IT&S, GTB and Operations.
Implements a key strategic project that will improve the customer experience for our business banking customers (small business and commercial)
Education / Experience
- Post-secondary education: University degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of the Commercial Banking segments, including policies and processes, servicing model, distributionchannels and products
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian Banking strategy and business objectives
- Thorough knowledge on a wide range of current market delivery systems, new and emerging technologies
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate and prioritize a number of concurrent projects
- Strong influencing and communication skills to influence all levels of the organization
- Solid leadership skills with an ability to identify challenges, recommend options and solutions within specific timeframes
- Excellent understanding of the Bank's informal/formal organization structure from both EO and field perspectives
- Thorough understanding of internal/external Audit/Compliance systems and procedures
- Knowledge of project planning and tracking techniques
- In-depth understanding of Branch processes for KYC collection and maintenance.
- Expert knowledge of branch operations, retail, small business and commercial environments including policies and processes
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software applications
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel may be required.
Requisition ID: 22768