Although reporting into IT; the role will work hand-in-hand with GBU’S management team(s) and the key responsibility is to ensure the success of the GBU’s in all areas where technology is involved or required.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide solution leadership across multiple concurrent projects within the GBU’s, with overall accountability for IT excellence within the Business Systems Management areas of responsibility.
- Build relationships with business, functional sponsors and IT delivery functions, understand their commitments, and establish trust and dialogue on how to support those commitments.
- Partner with key business stakeholders and business user teams to provide trusted advisor thought leadership, drive collaboration and accomplish global product and systems development.
- Assist business stakeholders in prioritizing maintenance and enhancements work related to global business solutions; articulate clear prioritization and business justification to technical teams and convey IT constraints and dependencies to business users.
- Represent GBU’S on the IT advisory board for prioritization and planning of all projects
- Document business case and business requirements definitions including business opportunity, incorporating the vision of solution and business workflows. Ensure that they are clear, concise and complete so that they appeal to development teams and to business stakeholders who must review and approve them.
- Investigate and introduce best or alternate practices and/or technical solutions to enhance the overall operational efficiency of the Business
- Partner with subject matter experts (SMEs) to define and document key end-to-end business scenarios. Scenarios will demonstrate alignment of capabilities and critical interface points across different functional teams.
- Elicit and articulate user, system and operational requirements, including but not limited to development of process maps/flows and process descriptions, Voice of the Customer, requirements workshops, scope definition, feature definition, use case/user story/user narrative development, business analysis, competitive product analysis.
- Manage end-to-end User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to validate that business processes and systems work in concert together across functional areas. Manage test preparation, pre-test training, test execution, entrance/exit criteria and approval gates. Provide effective communications, prioritization and issue resolution related to test.
- Determine and produce necessary organizational change management (OCM) materials, including communication and training plans, stakeholder and end user communications, training material and roll out plans.
- Manage and execute against project plans to ensure predictable releases with high quality and strong risk management.
- Develop and present solution proposals and recommendations, including analysis of options, justifications, and tradeoffs.
- Ensure final solution delivery meets the critical business needs of the sponsor and customer.
Education and/or Experience
The Director, Global Business Units has a passion for both IT and business practice excellence, embracing and adapting to rapid change related to emerging business strategies. S/he understands how to manage change through influence and collaboration, effectively managing complexity. The Director, Global Business Units should have a broad business background that adds strategic value to the role. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination, outstanding communication skills, excellent project management skills, creative problem solving and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude to manage a variety of responsibilities and deliverables. The Director, Global Business Units must be prepared to succeed against aggressive goals and be comfortable working at all levels with internal and external partners and virtual teams.
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar functional role or a business role driving IT solution delivery.
- Degree in related field or additional years’ experience.
- Strong Cloud systems and operations knowledge
- Strong SalesForce.comexperience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver IT solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in delivering projects in a fast paced environment.
- Subject matter expertise in identified business solution areas.
- Ability to work fluidly with several technical disciplines, including program management, development, test, operations and support.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation leadership and presentation development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build positive working relationships across groups and all management levels.
- Ability to excel in ambiguous business situations by adapting plans and approach
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound problem resolution, negotiation, judgment and decision-making skills.