What you’ll be responsible for:
This role is responsible for understanding the strategic and operational roadmaps for business your clients are building. This role will work closely with Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, and Compensation, and our team of Business Partners to help achieve TechStyle’s overall mission. The right hire is highly consultative and collaborative while also willing to be decisive, quickly establish credibility, and applies great interpersonal instincts to ensure influence.
- HR Strategy & Leadership: Work with senior leaders to define and support the overall talent strategy regarding capabilities required to deliver business goals, gap analysis and approaches to people processes necessary to serve as the primary HR (People Team) Partner to current and future emerging business lines.
- Change Management: Coach team leaders on effective change management, including organizational design and change, enterprise-wide transformation, cultural evolution during hyper-growth, and new leader assimilation. Help others clarify and explain connections between changes in the business, the organization, and individual roles/contribution needed. Supports teams on change strategies and communications and post-implementation assessment.
- Talent Management: Strategic thinker who approaches Talent disciplines holistically (Business Need, Workforce Planning, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Talent Engagement, Rewards), and works effectively with executives, managers and People Team partners to ensure these functions deliver what the business needs. Provides consultation on retention, development and engagement strategies for key positions, guides succession planning, and helps ensure talent acquisition needs are met. Facilitates clarity about skill gaps, participates in selection of internal and external talent, takes a long term view. Partners with leaders to anticipate hiring needs and prepare updated workforce plans and forecasts to inform decisions.
- Culture and Employee Experience: Is responsible for all ER-related issues in assigned client groups. Works with managers, employees and others to respond to all ER issues in ways consistent with TechStyle’s values and standards. Works closely with management and relevant leaders across the People Team to ensure employees' clarity about TechStyle’s business vision and helps to build a culture of passion for that greater mission.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum experience – Bachelor or Master’s Degree in a relevant field plus 15 or more years of progressive success as a strategic HR business partner.
- Ownership – Has been the top accountable Business Partner supporting multiple client groups simultaneously and/or one large, complex client group
- Good understanding of local employment law, coupled with the ability to gain a high level understanding of employment laws and practices.
- Highly skilled influencer – experienced in navigating Executive Leadership and building strong partnerships with peers
- Hunger to build again – willing to roll up sleeves, do foundational work, bring lessons learned and explore new approaches
- Anticipates needs – knows based on extensive experience with this stage and what’s ahead, and stakeholders’ styles/needs;
- Comfortable with ambiguity – and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments.
- Cross functional collaborator – plans well, prioritizes alignment, listens and asks great questions (up, down and around)
- Strategic and independent thinker – passionate about your craft and delights in generating the right debates
- Assertive and non-political – enjoys and contributes direct communication, takes initiative fueled by driving the right results
- Detail oriented – Brings structure, creates environment of quality excellence, spots inaccuracy in numbers and data
- Humility – a continuous learner interested in growing personally and professionally via career, doesn’t need to be right 100%
- Start-up speed and mentality – flexible, and can appreciate the crazy without judgment, works/thinks at breakneck speed
- Global expertise – highly desirable