Fortanix is creating the next generation of solutions to solve cloud security and privacy. Built on the foundation of encryption, cloud management, and Intel's secure SGX technology, Fortanix keeps data private across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use at run time. Fortanix security extends across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premises, hybrid cloud, and SaaS. Enterprise key management, secure public cloud, analytics on private data, and secure application development are some of the real-world challenges driving current customer projects.
As Director- Business Operations & Finance, you will play a leadership role in a range of strategic initiatives as well as day-to-day functions that will collectively provide a deep learning experience in how enterprise start-ups scale. You will work closely with Fortanix's executive team which comprises seasoned professionals with successful start-up exits and large company experience as we drive Fortanix through a hyper-growth phase. The ideal candidate will serve as a thought leader and cross-functional partner while driving operational efficiencies and serving as a champion for the business and financial health and success of Fortanix.
- Financial Planning & Analysis (incl. maintaining the company financial model, SaaS metrics and other key business metrics, such as for sales and marketing, e.g. pipeline conversion metrics, sales cycle, customer acquisition cost, etc.)
- Support customer and partner contract negotiations with respect to vetting the business terms
- Review confidentiality agreements
- Manage efficient procurement including negotiating price and Ts&Cs with vendors
- Manage headcount reports, hiring plans, etc.
- Manage key aspects of fundraising exercise(s) such as responding to due diligence requests
- Prepare financial reports for senior management and key external stakeholders
- Prepare Board presentations
- Benchmarking analysis comparing Fortanix to industry peers on key financial and operating parameters
- Basic sales operations functions including setting up standard contract templates, quote templates, forecasting and pipeline analytics and commissions plans/calculations
- Responding to customer information requests on corporate information, bank accounts, tax information etc.
- Manage assorted affairs and administrative tasks such as office leases, entity set-ups, insurance coverage, and miscellaneous legal matters from time to time
- BA or BS in Business or Finance
- MBA, CPA or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in business operations, FP&A, sales operations or related functions
- 7+ years of work experience in a business or finance role with a strong record of career progression
- Experience working in a high growth enterprise SaaS software company
- Ability to lead, influence and drive priorities at the senior level as well as build relationships and collaborate across all levels/functions of the Company
- Proven results providing finance business partnering to Management executives
- Deep understanding of financial and SaaS Business metrics along with the ability to build analytical models that can be driven into standard planning tools
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, and one or more ERP packages (e.g. SAP, Netsuite, Oracle, Quickbooks)
- Experience working as a business partner to operational groups (e.g. sales/marketing, service, Cloud, Engineering organizations)
- A disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals, and achieving success
- Free Catered Lunch everyday
- Friendly culture that's brings the best out of everybody