The Director, Business Operations is a driver of day to day operational execution and growth. They partner with the executive leader of the Sales and Services function along with other leaders across the organization to identify, analyze, prioritize and execute on opportunities for optimization, innovation and growth. As a member of the Sales and Services leadership team the primary focus of this role is across customer acquisition, servicing and retention. You'll lead a team that is constantly hunting for opportunities across the business and tenaciously driving for excellence, efficiency and impact.
- Draw insights from rigorous analyses, develop informed recommendations, and then drive implementation on the most critical opportunities and challenges at Eventbrite. Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution for growth
- Apply thought leadership, analytical skills and business judgment to help senior leadership define strategic priorities, deliver operational excellence and foster innovation and growth
- Lead complex strategic and operational projects with cross-functional partners; drive to implementation and delivery of results. Projects span strategic, long term to near-term optimization
- Create and run structured processes for strategic planning, business reviews, and prioritization. Own key business operating rhythms that drive performance and accountability
- Set targets across financial and operational metrics. Drive the definition, measurement and tracking of key business activities and goals. Unpack functional performance and metrics and identify areas for improvement. Own sales operations, delivering sales targets and compensation plans
- Lead process improvement initiatives to constantly identify and execute on opportunities for efficiency, productivity and profitability
- Be a credible and reliable C-level advisor; drive decision-making with our senior executives; prepare and deliver materials and analyses to support those decisions.
THE SKILL SET
- Clear thinking and analytical: Digs in and problem solves. Can connect the dots through integrative thinking to condense complexity into operational clarity. Strong financial acumen and technical analysis skills
- Knows how to balance strategy and execution: Willing to roll up sleeves and get scrappy to get things done - knows how to get wins, build momentum and balance executing on "no regrets" actions with longer-term strategic progress
- Learns fast: Relies on their ability to problem solve and drive results. Moves quickly, is adaptable and thrives in ambiguity
- Proven people leader: A track record of building strong teams
- Strong influencing and communication skills: Demonstrates the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams to garner support and achieve outsized impact
- An executor: Strong project management and organization skills. Experience with process improvement methodologies such as six sigma
- Experienced: Prior experience in management consulting or investment banking