The Director Business Intelligence / Data Architect will work closely with the business units, end users, system designers, and developers to develop database solutions to support the goals of the organization which is using data intelligence to help drive profitability and results for the company.
Information Technology Duties
- Collaborate with IT teams and management to devise a data strategy that addresses business requirements
- Identify and evaluate current data management technologies
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing business operations and applications
- Develop database solutions for both operational and analytical systems.
- Create logical and physical data models to support IT applications and work with the DBA to implement physical database structures based on those models.
- Develop and implement data governance program and maintain the data dictionary for the organization.
- Develop strategies for data acquisition and data archiving
- Development and implementation of data standards
- Insure documentation is complete and up to date
- Special projects as assigned.
- The individual in this position should, at a minimum, have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (or equivalent work experience).
- Basic understanding of commonly-used BI concepts (data warehousing, data marts, cubes, and self-service reporting)
- Experience (8-10+ years) with Multi-Dimensional and Star Schema Database design, SQL Server, other relational databases (IBM UDB, Oracle), SQL, multi-tier architecture and deployment, OLAP and Client/Server architectures. MS SQL Server experience preferred.
- Experience (8-10+ years) with relational and multi-dimensional data modeling
- Experience with data governance and development of data dictionary.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, showing a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and/or SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) is a plus.
- Experience with Power BI and Informatica is a plus.
- Hands on experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining complex data models for operational and analytical applications, both logical and physical data models.
- Experience using data modeling tools such as ERwin
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize business tasks.
- Extensive experience developing and supporting applications in a Microsoft environment. Additional platforms are a bonus.