The Director of West Marine's Business Intelligence group is responsible for transforming reporting into actionable insights that enable cross functional Associates to quickly take action to drive results on key strategic objectives. This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer and has up to 8 direct reports including Business Analyst, Programmers and Technical Associates. The role is responsible for developing a continuously evolving company roadmap and implementing BI tools including data structure, visual and usability best practices and user training that deliver results.
- Lead and develop a high performing team of up to 8 technical Associates to deliver on the business strategic objectives and manage through the complexity of those changes.
- Cross functional peer leadership to map out, develop and implement BI tools that direct action to achieve department or company goals.
- Long term and short term planning including budgets, forecast and operating tactics that support Associate and company success.
- Develop enterprise approach to disseminate the appropriate information to each user / user group.
- Prioritize and seamlessly integrate technology and human resources effectively and cost efficiently across projects to maximize results.
- Develop a single trusted source of the truth for key data elements for business insights.
- Uses subject matter experts and best practices gathered from inside and outside the company to solve company strategic challenges related to business intelligence. Monitor trends to adjust solutions as things change.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- 3 Years leading a team of Retail Business Analyst
- Exhibits sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and leading data-driven analyses
- Self-motivated, action-oriented, multi-tasking individual with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
- Knowledge of SQL, Tableau, or other Business Intelligence (BI) tools