The Director, Business Intelligence is responsible for providing strategic and tactical leadership expertise to the Business Intelligence unit in the design, implementation and sustainment of business solutions that support Operations Canada business and key internal partners, while promoting the use of Business Intelligence information that supports informed strategic decision making.
Responsible for related business strategies, plans and initiatives and the execution components of governing regulations, internal policies and procedures, and the management and oversight of all matters related to the key disciplines within the unit, including; Business Solutions Delivery, Staffing & Analytics and Project Support, Contract Management, Process Governance and Survey Support.
1. Leads and drives a customer focused and performance oriented culture, by deepening stakeholder relationships and is responsible for the contributions of the Centre of Excellence across the unit’s key functional areas. Provides strategic and tactical direction to the Business Intelligence team by:
- Developing and defining the unit’s strategies and identifying and evaluating potential process improvements and cost savings/avoidance opportunities;
- Providing expert advice and counsel to clients on Business Intelligence, best practices, and potential initiatives for improvements related to operational alignment;
- Leading cross-functional meetings between business line partners for updates on current initiatives and discussions on new and emerging trends and areas of risk;
- Conducting presentations on process updates to support Operations Canada within the Business Intelligence Unit’s defined scope and areas of focus; on the;
- Maintaining lines of communication with delivery network(s), external suppliers, partners, and customers about product needs, competitive opportunities and trends; and
- Ensuring lean management disciplines are adhered to, including effective problem solving and accountability across the team is well defined.
2. Ensures the delivery of best-in class service while fostering an environment that promotes agile, flexible and timely partner support, while mitigating risk by:
- Directing the execution of strategic plans that fit into the overall unit and Global Operations objectives;
- Identifying, recommending and negotiating with third party suppliers and internal strategic partners to improve service, reduce costs, while making sure solutions complement the Bank’s strategies;
- Reviewing existing service level agreements (SLA) to identify potential for value added services which could streamline or eliminate redundant, manual and/or technical processes;
- Strategically influencing internal/external stakeholders to obtain buy-in and resources to proceed with a business value projects;
- Ensuring technical and operational enhancements are designed and delivered to satisfy customers business and processing needs; and
- Overseeing contract management activities and ensuring proper documentation of processes, while working closely with Global Procurement on material vendor relationships.
3. Lead the Business Intelligence architecture initiatives for Operations Canada by:
- Keeping current on rapidly changing technological trends to support alignment to business and operational needs;
- Leading the execution of key strategies that will improve methodology, operational efficiencies, and quality of deliverables through the project lifecycle;
- Leading the implementation of related process improvement activities and roadmap initiatives to improve operational efficiencies, as it relates to the Business Solutions (Datamart), Contract Management, Process Governance, Staffing & Analytics and Survey Support;
- Developing and ensuring the required compliance and information security standards are adhered to by the unit and business partners;
- Recommending and spearheading initiatives to improve the operational effectiveness of the Datamart environment as it relates to the development and sustainment of Operational Performance Commitments and Key Performance Indicators.
4. Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Highly skilled people leader with expert coaching capabilities.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence others at a more senior level without having any direct authority.
- Strong project management and effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of initiatives.
- Strong understanding of management reporting principles; ability to sustain a broad-based knowledge of the Bank’s and Global Operation's strategies, and has a propensity for systems and MIS tools in support analytic thinking. Compliance with courses, including but not limited to Operational Risk, AML & Guidelines for Business Conduct.
University degree, with MBA preferred
Requisition ID: 22339