The Director, Business Intelligence is in charge of ensuring that all necessary data is accessible and provided to the various stakeholders, of designing and building automated reports in Tableau and more holistically plays the role of key partner to the various team leads and members by providing them with relevant data & insights.
What you will be doing:
- Supports a data-driven, fact based approach to Business Intelligence.
- Has extensive experience in Tableau and SQL.
- Is managing direct report(s) and mentoring other team members.
- Uses technical and programming experience to extract and display actionable insights to the internal and external stakeholders through custom-built dashboards.
- Expands and maintains current standardized dashboards.
- Interprets data to recognize patterns and analyze trends, drawing business inferences and clearly articulating findings to target audience.
- Identifies opportunities and helps develop solutions to business problems.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with business partners.
- Identifies, recommends and implements analytic software/tool(s), where necessary.
What we look for:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science or a related field
- 4 to 6 years of work experience in a consulting or business intelligence function, including some management experience.
- Fluency with some form of analytical programming (e.g. SQL, Python) is required as well as ability to independently learn new languages and techniques
- Prior experience implementing reporting and data visualization solutions and fluency in Tableau is required
- Expertise in data modeling and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain data organized in local databases (minor experience in database management (ex. mySQL, Snowflake) is a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, product-focused, scalable analysis on tight timelines.
- Understanding of ad tech and programmatic platforms (SSP or DSP business platform) as well as financial implications to the bottom line is a plus