The Business Intelligence Platform Director will define and execute the broader Business Intelligence Strategy and supporting organization to ensure MGM Resorts International is implementing and supporting leading edge business intelligence platforms that support the MGM’s business objectives. This position will also drive and support development of self service business intelligence capability across the enterprise for our customers, as well as drive innovation solutions e.g. BI platforms on the cloud. The role will lead the business intelligence development and operations teams, ensuring we build capability and manage the stability of production applications, services, and processes specific to business intelligence. The role will work closely with other IM teams to develop end to end business capabilities – (eg Data Integration, Architecture and Quality teams) and with key customers (EA, Procurement, Fraud, FSSC etc). All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Develop BI Enterprise Platform Strategy and roadmap in collaboration with business partners.
- Drive large complex initiatives from end to end – taking full accountability for delivery of all components and communicates status with senior business and IT leadership.
- Run operations with excellence – establishing business service level agreements and driving adherence.
- Drives strategic initiatives in BI platform space.
- Leads BI developers in the design and development of BI capability.
- Work closely with and provide development standard to developers in other business units (such as EA, Procurement) who are utilizing enterprise platforms.
- Manage Oversee high severity issue resolution process within Information Management team as part of broader Information Technology operations processes. Single point of IM resource and team mobilization in the event of a high severity production issue on BI Platforms.
- Develop and own the technical requirements for, performance, quality, and scalability requirements.
- Plan maintenance and application outage windows to minimize business impact.
- Proactively evaluate and advocate for related application upgrades as identified to better support business objectives. Help articulate business benefit case for upgrades.
- Identify and implement operations goals and metrics.
- Lead root cause analysis for IM production issue resolution.
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Communicate status, metrics, and other updates to senior Information Technology and Business leadership.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree focused in Information Technology or Information Management or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence. and at least 3 years in a lead Information Management role, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s Degree focused in Information Technology or Information Management
- Experience in hospitality operations and/or relevant industry experience.
- Experience in Cognos BI, Power BI and/or OBIEE.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.