EXPERIENCE List work-related experience required to perform the job.
Experience developing and implementing analytics-oriented solutions and decision support, including data mining, and business performance management.
Understanding of key BI trends, how analytics are being used to enhance productivity and profitablility at peer institutions and/or the willingness to learn
Experience in complete lifecycle management including requiremnts gathering and documentation methodologies, application design, vendor selection, development methodologies, project tracking, source control, defect tracking, documentation and deployment.
Broad based technologyexperience across several major IT disciplines such as application development, system administration, technical support, network/telecommunications, quality assurance etc..)
As part of a growing and dynamic team, the Director of Business Intelligence (BI) will develop strategies and programs to both build and continuously enhance an effective BI program for WESCO. The overarching goal for the director is to develop, evolve, and advance the BI program, with a focus on formulating strategies and laying the groundwork for key tactical areas that include (but are not limited to): reporting, data mining, business performance management, bench-marking, text mining, and predictive as well as prescriptive analytics. The director will demonstrate strong data and reporting knowledge, mature business acumen, strong customer service skills, and strategic thinking.
- · Creation and implementation of a comprehensive business intelligence strategy to support WESCO’s analytic and reporting requirements
- · Identifies the intelligence needs of each department through direct communication with key personnel and other senior management leaders in order to adequately and effectively lead business intelligence and data analytics initiatives
- · Proactively completes tasks, solves problems, shares ideas, improves processes, enhances products, and/or extends services within assigned range of authority.
- · Drives the development and execution of comprehensive analytics and data intelligence projects.
- · Drives the development and execution of the Enterprise Datawarehouse and associated data schema’s and data architecture
- · Preserves and improves upon the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of company data, data tools and services
- Ability to build, mentor, coach, and lead a team of highly-skilled professionals, including a commitment to ongoing professional development.