The Director, Business Initiatives is responsible for providing oversight and support on business plans and execution to senior management and all units within Retail Products.
The role is responsible for providing leadership to drive change and lead the team in the identification of appropriate cross-departmental plans and initiatives in support of the unit’s business strategy. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
1. Lead in the development of change initiatives, co-ordination of strategic priorities, short- and long-term vision and plan in collaboration with senior management team.
2. Manage the execution and results of key initiatives by project management and coordination of all aspects of projects including planning, scheduling, resources, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis, time/cost estimates, tracking budgets/costs, reporting and a post-implementation review of project work.
3. Lead the internal business communication strategy development and tactical execution to ensure consistent and effective messaging to all internal stakeholders including management meetings, town halls, Viewpoint committees and staff events.
4. Support business line financial analysis, planning and reporting by working closely with Finance to manage the creation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports including the annual plan and variance reports that are distributed within the business line. In collaboration with the Analytics Team develops reporting to support decision making on major business initiatives and develops management reports of key metrics for use by the leadership team.
5. Participate in select external meetings with partners and managing special projects as assigned.
6. Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
7. Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
8. Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
9. Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Over 10 years of financial services and management experience required.
University degree required.
Requisition ID: 22011