Do you have what it takes to change the world and drive new business growth for a top 10 Aerospace Company? Are you driven by competition and winning in a highly competitive marketplace?
Harris Corporation is looking for a business development team leader to support strategy development and opportunity identification, qualification and capture of new business opportunities that will revolutionize ground and space based space superiority solutions for continued U.S. dominance in the space domain.
The successful candidate will work effectively with senior business development leadership as well as business unit, program, and functional entities. The candidate will be pivotal in developing business strategy, identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and interfacing with customers to close on contract orders to meet annual operating and strategic growth plans. This position will be supporting the Space Superiority and GPS Business Unit of the Space and Intelligence Systems Segment.
As part of the business development team and in partnership with Segment and business unit leadership, the successful candidate will:
- Ensure execution of comprehensive financial analysis, capture strategy, competitive assessments, business case, and price-to-win related to closing new business
- Lead and drive opportunity identification, qualification, shaping and positioning for Space Superiority and GPS programs across multiple customer communities through identification of unmet mission needs.
- Mature account and contact plans for major Space Superiority and GPS clients
- Recommend strategies and approaches for differentiation based on market understanding
- Develop a business unit roadmap of pursuits mapped to customer needs for the BU
- Promote and foster continued business development opportunities with existing customers.
- Expand and grow business base by developing new customer relationships
- Prioritize, approve and manage multi-million-dollar Business Unit discretionary budget
- Establish close working relationships with Business Unit leadership
- Effectively communicate status of activities above to executive leadership
- Lead and supervise a geographically diverse team of 8 individuals to achieve BU objectives
- Contribute expertise to segment initiatives
- Ability to translate technical understanding of products and technology for purposes of customer communication and engagement
- Ability to understand and influence the Business Unit/Business Area strategies relative to Space Superiority and GPS
- Ability to influence the IRAD investment, and look for synergies between IRADs to maximize results while minimizing investments
- Create and foster a commercial business acumen culture which embraces a strategic, proactive approach in supporting business area leaders with identifying, actively pursuing and closing new business
- Guide and mentor team members and peers on Business Development best practices
- Act as a change agent for the business, ensuring innovations and developments are tranisitioned to successful implementation.
- Drive the day-to-day business rhythm and reporting
- Estimate and manage new business funds and participate in strategic fund planning for internal research and development
- Resolve conflicts in priorities to keep team focused on goals
- Execute campaign strategies relative to business capture planning
- Lead / support business acquisition process milestone/gate reviews; to include opportunity identification, qualification, pursuit, pre-proposal, and proposal processes
- Lead participation in forums/conferences to further position Harris as a thought leader for Space Superiority and GPS
- Represent Harris Corporation at customer meetings, Industry related meetings and conferences
- Help identify new markets, unmet needs and opportunities
- Perform analyses across multiple services and agencies to support the Space Superiority and GPS market
- Work with the world’s leading engineers and scientists to develop research projects to shape future concepts and provide solutions to customers
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a minimum of 12 years of experience or post-graduate degree and 8 years of experience; or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading capture efforts and programs/projects in DOD and Civil
- 2 years with Space-based space architectures and supporting ground systems market
- 2 years with technologies that are applied to space solutions (satellite buses, sensor systems, integrated payloads, data analytics, space situational awareness and/or position, navigation and timing)
- 5 years managing a geographically diverse team.
- Clearance: Active Top Secret or TS/SCI and current investigation.
- Engineering degree.
- Disciplined, self-starting professional who can bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management Systems (Microsoft Dynamics CRM, preferred)
- Ability to lead and develop relationships with geographically dispersed people
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Knowledge of the Harris Business Acquisition Process (BAP)
- Demonstrated ability in competitive analysis, customer analysis, win strategy development, proposal and color team leadership and price-to win analysis
- Demonstrated ability in leading pursuit efforts and winning new business opportunities
- Must work independently under limited supervision
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to Travel – up to 50%
Job Code: SIS20180506-25083