$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Bowhead is growing and we are looking for a Business Development Director to play a significant role in formulating and executing strategy development, technical proposal writing and cost proposal formulation and review. The Business Development Director is responsible for identifying business development opportunities, expanding growth, and increasing financial profitability in the San Antonio, TX area.
Experience pursuing and capturing work at Joint Base San Antonio (Lackland AFB, Fort Sam Houston, Randolph Air Force Base, and Martindale Army Airfield) is preferred.
• Identify upcoming business opportunities that match Bowhead's relevant corporate experience and lead the capture team to win business that you find and qualify.
• Reach out to government customers in the local and surrounding locations to build strong relationships and develop solutions that meet the customer's needs.
• Engage with government customers to qualify opportunities and gain a better understanding of the requirements.
You will be accountable for winning at least $20M per calendar year. You will participate in the incentive compensation program, which is based on the dollar value of the work you win each year. Your job is to win work!
-- You will interface with senior management and external partners to develop and implement strategies and plans for successful opportunity capture. You will lead the capture team to develop the proposal response. This includes working with the subject matter experts, proposal team, contracts, pricing, and talent acquisition.
-- Upon approval, you will manage the operating budget for each proposal approved for capture pursuit. You will have autonomy to manage your book of business throughout the full life-cycle from inception to award.
Requirements Strong leadership ability and persuasive skills are key to excelling in this job. Position requires:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education plus business development experience in a government setting.
• Proposal writing experience and sophisticated communication skills (both oral and written).
• Work experience should demonstrate your ability to collaborate with multiple customer levels.
• Computer savvy with solid experience using Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, and Outlook.
• Military or Government experience is a plus.
Desired skills include:
• Leading capture of large priority DOD and Government opportunities
• Proposal writing experience in accordance with the Shipley method.
• Win methodologies, competitive assessments and strategy development
• Teaming arrangements
• Advance intelligence gathering
• Technical proposal writing
• Cost proposal formulation and review
• Write RFI and SS responses and respond to RFPs as required
• Develop and maintain a pipeline
• Deconflict pursuits with other Bowhead BD elements
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. Active Secret clearance highly desired. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Valid Through: 2019-11-14