$80K — $100K *
Identify upcoming business opportunities that match Bowhead’s relevant corporate experience and lead the capture team to win business that you find and qualify. Target opportunities include systems and domain-based engineering, test and evaluation services, lab operations, rapid prototyping, weapons-systems and acquisition-based logistics, project management, administrative services, financial services, facility management, and business operations support.
• Reach out to government customers and industry partners in the local area and surrounding locations to build strong relationships and develop solutions that meet the customer’s needs.
• Engage with government customers and industry partners to qualify opportunities and gain a better understanding of the requirements.
• You will participate in the incentive compensation program, which is based on the dollar value of the work you win each year. Your job is to win work valued at a minimum of $25M per year.
• You will interface with senior management and external partners to develop and implement strategies and plans for successful opportunity capture. You will lead the capture team to develop the proposal response. This includes working with the subject matter experts, proposal team, contracts, pricing, and talent acquisition.
• Upon approval, you will manage the operating budget for each proposal approved for capture pursuit. You will have autonomy to manage your pipeline throughout the full life-cycle, from inception to award.
• You will execute business and strategic plans that align with the organization’s strategic goals and mission, which are tailored to existing and projected business environments and opportunities, and capitalize on UICGS’s strengths.
RequirementsStrong leadership ability and persuasive skills are key to excelling in this job. Position requires:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education plus operations/project management experience and/or business development experience in a government setting.
• Proposal writing and review experience and sophisticated communication skills (both oral and written).
• Work experience should demonstrate your ability to collaborate with multiple customer levels.
• Computer savvy with solid experience using Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, and Outlook.
• Military or Government experience is a plus.
Desired skills include:
• Established relationships with Government customers and teaming partners in the local area
• Leading capture of large priority DoD and Government opportunities
• Win methodologies, competitive assessments and strategy development
• Teaming arrangements
• Advance intelligence gathering
• Ability to lead and provide direction for cost proposal development
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate with the matrixed resources to develop RFI and Sources Sought responses
• De-conflict pursuits with other Bowhead BD elements
Valid through: 9/1/2020