Thales is seeking a Director of Business Development for our Software Monetization group. The candidate will be working remote at the following preferred locations (California, Texas, and/or Massachusetts). Thales Software Monetization is a business where our customers need to integrate the Sentinel solution with other key business systems including ERPs (ordering systems like SAP, Oracle), CRM (Salesforce), billing systems (Zuora, Aria, Gotransverse, etc.). Our strategic direction relies on our solutions being better apt to integrate with these systems and to have strong partnerships with other strategic companies.
- The SM Business Development Director will be the driving force for expanding our business and technical ecosystem around our offering of software monetization solutions. This person will work with Thales Software Monetization (SM) executive team, the SM products and solutions, work with partners, sales and marketing teams. The goals is to expand our reach into strategic businesses and to drive revenue opportunities therein.
- Evangelizing the foundational aspects of SM business including the market we serve, the problems we address and the value we provide.
- Defining and leading the SM Business Development (BD) program which includes documenting and communicating our BD goals, strategic initiatives and program cadence.
- Identifying and documenting the various types of business partnerships available as well as how those types of partnerships would impact our business.
- Defining short and long term goals for BD in collaboration with the leadership team, Sales and Marketing.
- Identifying and managing a list of companies who we should target for strategic business or technology partnerships.
- Defining and maintaining an analysis of the partner background, the potential impact they could have on our business and the cost of the partnership.
- Developing an efficient method of trading revenue opportunities with various partners.
- Managing the strategic partner relationship in both the business aspect as well as the coordination of any technical play.
- Promoting the Thales and SM value propositions to prospective partners, negotiate contracts, and cultivate relationships.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to the software industry or related field.
- Must have 8+ years of relevant experience in business development, sales or marketing.
- The Business Development Director must have a strong business mindset, customer-oriented, an excellent communicator, proactive, a team player, results-oriented, curious, organized, proficient at networking.
- Exceptional presentation and negotiation skills.
- Up to 15% of travel required when the industry begins meeting in person again after the pandemic. No more than one business week per month, mostly in US.