Sparton (SPA) is a publicly traded leading contract design and manufacturing company with a specialization in electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies. Our customers include, Military, Medical, Biotechnology and Aerospace companies that are highly regulated with specialized needs.
Objective: This position leads the Business Development Managers (BDMs) in all aspects of organic growth and customer expansion within the business sector. It provides tactical and strategic support in the BDMs weekly activities, monthly leading indicator goals, and annual sales incentive goals. It also provides training on Sparton’s product portfolio and site specific capabilities as well as all process related activities like Salesforce.com, RFQ process, organizational on-boarding, and others.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Work with BDMs and Site P&L Leaders to help structure customer deals and close sales opportunities.
- Work with geographically assigned Manufacturing Rep Firms to further deliver opportunities to Sites.
- Lead and support BDMs on customer visits in their regions and to develop strategies to advance sales opportunities from the Qualified Opportunity stage through Close.
- Work with SVP Sales & Marketing on cross selling opportunities identified across the business.
- Track leading indicator goals and sales incentive goals for each BDM, identifying improvement plans for BDMs missing goal targets. Perform quarterly review and refresh of each BDM’s Top 25 targeted customer prospects. Provide all Pipeline reports Dashboard metrics needed for staff meetings and MBRs.
- Provide training for all Sparton Sales Representatives including internal processes such as Salesforce.com, RFQs, and Lead Generation tracking, employee onboarding, and product portfolio and site specific capabilities.
- Approve, support, and attend all business segment trade shows.
Secondary or Minor Responsibilities:
- Review and approve monthly expense reports.
- Review and approve BDM trips to their target sales regions.
- Ensure complete and accurate information used for all aspects of Salesforce.com reports.
- Serve as sales liaison to Marketing activities for updates to web site, presentations and brochures.
Years of Experience: 15 Years in similar industry.