Las Vegas, NV
Industry: Hospitality & Recreation•
5 - 7 years
Posted 53 days ago
A Key leader of the Gaming Operations Commercial Team who drives Scientific Games' global slot machine and electronic table games recurring revenue commercial strategies. This role will lead a team of commercial strategy managers who closely with customers, sales and sales leadership to drive effective commercial behaviors in efforts to hit quarterly revenue targets. Key ownership of responsibilities includes (but not limited to) interfacing with customers, key stakeholders and commercial team to structure and pitch business deals for optimal pricing and return on capital investment, develop targeted account plans, shape regional sales strategies, and tailor corporate strategies into sales initiatives. Furthermore, this position will serve as integral liaison between Gaming Operations and various internal departments (Product Management, Insights and Analytics, Game Development, Operations, Finance, and Legal) to ensure business strategies align to market need and opportunities. This role will require excellent written and verbal communications skills, with ability to create strong executive level and customer facing presentations with key insights and actions identified.
Essential Job Functions:
•Manage the day to day operations of the Gaming Operations commercial team and oversee all commercial strategy creation, deployment, and execution to ensure we grow our competitive position while ensuring the strongest ROIC possible.
•Develop and grow customer partnerships by deeply understanding customer requirements and market needs by leveraging the Insights and Analytics team partnership and interfacing directly with customers.
•Develop executive level presentations and customer facing materials that clearly outline key product strategies, customer pitches, and KPI updates (as needed).
• Oversee the creation of additional strategy and launch plans for multiple internal audiences (Sales, Game Development, Operations) based on amount of risk to be prepared on all fronts, ensuring Gaming Ops hits commercial goals.
• Work closely with Product Management and Game Development to ensure we have the optimal product mix to grow and support various product categories, while also being agile enough to accommodate market changes or needs.
• Oversee the creation and execution of a strong launch strategy for marquee products by working closely with sales to identify early launch partners and merchandising, while simultaneously tracking risk internally to make sure procurement, manufacturing, field service are all aligned to hit key deliverables.
•Constantly assess opportunities, potential issues and/or risks related to gaming operations product deployments. Prioritize agreed upon opportunities for improvement based on the team's analysis and review with product, service delivery and/or business owners.
• Point of contact for the sales team to analyze product and operational reporting dashboards and KPI's for the purpose of identifying specific process improvement opportunities in the sales functions within Gaming Operations.
• Define and execute pre and post-launch support for Gaming Operations deployments by monitoring ongoing development of product performance and benchmarking key metrics and business objectives.
• Works with respective internal departments to aid in forecasting, production, and rollout priorities as well as troubleshoot problems impacting product lines and/or orders.
• Work with the Insights and Analytics team to provide ongoing updates on data trends and potential opportunities for improvement to operations, sales, finance and production as appropriate including information such as performance, competitive analysis and financial reviews.
• Understand and adjust commercial plans by understanding forecast risk (comparing actual installs vs. planned installs per quarter), with overarching focus on meeting projected numbers.
• Analyze documents, processes and workflows to establish problem areas affecting product development..
• Work with and manipulate data using data mining tools (Tableau, Business Objects, etc), excel worksheets, and or any other manipulation tool or application.
Position Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree
• Financial Analysis, Statistics, Mathematics or Business Related
• 5-10 Years experience
• Gaming Industry, Finance, Sales, Consumer products brand management experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
• Possess excellent analytical, strategic, and presentation skills.
Required technical skills
• Advanced MS Excel
• Proficient in at least one of the following programs: Tableau, SQL, Access, VBA, Business Objects
• Experience in working with large data sets and multiple databases
• Experience in financial modeling and analysis
• Strong ability to mine data and compile information into actionable insights
• Knowledge of Gaming Industry and regulations preferred but not required
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with ability to create strong executive level and customer facing presentations