The Director of Business Development is responsible for sales and developing the Company’s products and services. The primary responsibility is to create, build and maintain customer relationships with firms that require Matrix products and services. The position will work closely with the business unit director, proposal/estimating group and company management.
• Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values.”
• Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based upon information from personal contacts with customers, business directories, trade shows, various sales lead reports, and other sources.
• Management and deployment of Business Development Managers in alignment with operations, including supervision, training, goal setting and measurement, etc.
• Travels frequently to solicit inquiries from regular and prospective customers and follow-up on current projects.
• Develops and maintains target accounts which have the potential to provide for large numbers of inquiries and profitable sales revenues, including developing and maintaining account plans for major clients.
• Make presentations to customers/prospective customers on the company’s products, services and overall capabilities.
• Follows target industries to watch for changes which could result in increases or decreases in inquiries and revenues.
• Leverages existing customer relationships to provide opportunities for all applicable scopes of work provided by company.
• Assist with plans, specifications, and other customer documents to assist with budget cost estimates.
• Establishes or proposes changes in products and services offered based on industry need and those which would result in cost reduction or schedule improvements.
• Assists in providing advice to clients relating to Matrix’s products and services.
• Prepares call reports and business communications.
• Provide direct sales support of certain proposals, including follow-up, feedback to the Matrix organization and participate in negotiations, as requested.
• Provide and update documentation and presentation material to support weekly and quarterly operations reports as requested.
• Requires coordinating and attending entertainment activities with clients.
• Performs other responsibilities, as directed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related area, or equivalent job-related experience/knowledge.
• 5+ years’ sales, marketing, or business development experience; previous experience in gas processing/midstream industry required.
• Advanced interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, including the ability to make cold calls, negotiate with clients, work with customers, and speak publicly.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical information, financial reports and legal documents; fundamental mathematical skills, including use of geometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions in practical situations.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook, PowerPoint, internet search capabilities, and exposure to databases and contact management software experience preferred.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to work independently with little direction.
• Travel up to 0-50% per month