AdsWizz, a SiriusXM company, is the leading technology provider of monetization solutions for the digital audio industry. The company seamlessly connects the digital audio advertising ecosystem with its suite of platforms and software solutions. AdsWizz provides leading audio publishers with advanced server-side and client-side insertion software, and with audio-centric ad serving and supply-side platforms. AdsWizz also operates the largest premium audio ad marketplace and provides ad networks and programmatic trading desks with solutions to effectively trade online audio inventory. AdsWizz has deep integration with Simplecast, a industry-leading developer of publishing, distribution, analytics, and sharing tools. We are currently seeking a Director of Business Development, Podcast.
As Director, Business Development, Podcast, you will be responsible for growing AdsWizz's roster of premium podcast publishers. In this role, you will be responsible for developing AdsWizz's North American business strategy to acquire new podcast publishers, negotiate contracts, manage business relationships post-deal.
We are looking for someone with an unquenchable thirst to win and a passion for helping podcasters to adapt to the digital world and to monetize this growing opportunity. The ideal candidate will thrive in our fast paced, results-driven, start-up culture.
This position is based in San Mateo, CA but involves regular travel. The role will report to the Vice President, Podcast.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategy to grow AdsWizz’s network of podcast publishers and their adoption of AdsWizz publishing, analytics, distribution and monetization solutions
- Lead the entire process from prospecting new partners, modeling revenue opportunities, contract negotiations within the broadcasting vertical
- Oversee partnership implementation with operational support from Technical Integration and Global Operations teams
- Work with Product Management to understand partnership impact on our products and services, and gain internal support for new initiatives
- Identify and communicate internally new market requirements through translating customer needs and gathering an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape and business priorities
- Serve as an advocate for partners at AdsWizz and identify areas for growth via partnerships
- Cultivate relationships with partners, optimize their performance and identify additional business opportunities to expand partnership revenues
Experience and Job Requirements
- BA/BS degree; technical major, MBA highly preferred
- 8+ years of experience including 3-5 years of related business development experience in digital media, content publishing, ad tech, enterprise SaaS, or related start-up is strongly preferred
- Passion for and deep understanding of podcasting, digital media monetization
- Impressive ability to negotiate deals, to think strategically and to understand complex, nuanced product issues
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate efforts across a large organization (both internally and externally) to achieve key deliverables
- Proven ability to manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Current relationships with technology decision makers at ad networks and media companies preferred with an in-depth knowledge of the online advertising space
- Must have an entrepreneurial, self-starter mentality
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong affinity to the podcasting industry and advertising business models
- Passion and enthusiasm: willing to do every day what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to handle work in a fast-paced environment and to work with international teams
- Open and flexible attitude to execute tasks at every level
- Applicants must have a strong sense of humor and sound judgment
- International experience is a plus