The Director of Business Development is responsible to the drive business growth of the NFI brokerage business by effectively managing current and potential NFI brokerage salespeople. This role reports to the branch leader of the location where the employee is based.
- Manage existing sales managers, logistics brokers with a mindset towards new business development, revenue / profit generation, and furthering the NFI Brokerage name in the market.
- Responsible to generate sales into diverse portfolio of services, including Truckload [dry and refrigerated] LTL, Flatbed, and Intermodal as needed.
- Effectively manage client relationships at a higher level by providing an executive level mindset to long term strategic carrier partners.
- Working with the account management team, negotiate rates and services across all modes as required for RFP's as well as managing implementation of large accounts inside the business.
- Manage recruiting and hiring for this division of the business including standardize process and training for others to hire similarly.
- Working with the marketing department and other sales leaders in the organization, develop sales and marketing initiatives for all brokerage related sales.
- Working with other sales leaders in the Brokerage organization, maintain and Continuously improve the inside sales program designed to capitalize on the growth and flexibility of NFI Brokerage and work with existing sales infrastructure for new business development.
- Develop training and onboarding plan for new hires into brokerage sales business including geography, industry knowledge, and mode expertise.
- Position brokerage services inside the NFI suite of services including working with dedicated business to broaden scope of NFI brokerage internally.
- Recognize ideal footprint of other institutional NFI business and drive leads, business, and growth to these business lines through clear communication and dedication to a true "network sell".
- Break through internal & external obstacles that limit growth/service as it applies to covering freight for the network.
- Set clear communication of service expectations to all employees and clients.
- Foster growth in brokerage business through collaboration with all NFI Departments and willingness to do "Whatever it takes" to ensure our customers' needs are met.
- BA or BS Degree preferred
- 5 - 7 years minimum Brokerage experience preferred
- A sales/growth orientated mindset with aggressive approach
- In depth knowledge of FTL, LTL, and IMDL modes
- Familiarity with RFQ/RFP processes
- Familiarity with TMS systems, EDI process, and web based tendering.
- Proficient in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to work in fast paced environment that involves learning and using multiple applications and handling a high volume of phone calls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Market knowledge of truckload lanes and rates
- Individual commitment towards sharpening existing or acquiring new skills as required by demands of the business or customers.