The Director of Business Development is responsible for building a successful deal pipeline in the assigned region and identifying and prospecting leads and opportunities to develop or acquire new business and network relationships.
- 5+ years previous experience in healthcare sales and marketing, or relevant industry/functions required, or successful completion of ValueHealth’s Business Development Program
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office required
- Excellent attention to detail, follow through and communications skills with all levels within the organization with the ability to articulate sound financial analysis and cost justifications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required, strong project management skills and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to make presentations to physicians, customers and partners; organize related events/meetings, and cultivate ongoing relationships
- Self motivated with the ability to work in an unstructured environment, but also work well with a team
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive travel may be required- up to 80%
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience in healthcare related business development strongly preferred
- Work with physician groups to secure contracts for the development and management of new ambulatory surgery centers/hospitals or acquisition and management contracts of existing centers/hospitals
- Syndicate new and existing facilities
- Identify opportunities to develop or acquire new facilities through corporate driven lead generation
- Develop strong working relationships with ValueHealth personnel and staff, physicians and hospital executives to ensure productive partnerships
- Manage all aspects of deal flow including lead generation, relationship building, negotiations, data collection, decision making, document preparation and closing
- Work with Business Development team to ensure entity meets pro-forma through year 1 actual performance
- Collect data needed for due diligence and pro forma preparation
- Coordinate, hold and lead physician recruiting efforts and key stakeholder meetings
- Update and maintain CRM database in a timely and accurate manner
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of expense reports in compliance with the Travel Policy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.