The Director, Business Development is responsible for developing and growing wireless networkinfrastructure business with National Carriers as well as managing a team of existing and new carrier sales professionals. This person will participate in the strategic and tactical planning for the region, most importantly, drive, mentor and coach their team for increased carrier market share/revenue. The ideal candidate will have five (5+) or more years sales management experience with a subset of the following solutions: DAS, DRAN, CRAN, ERAN, WiFi, small cell technology, towers, services and financing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify regional marketing plan and strategic targets through internal teams and carrier partnerships
- Manages and develops a team of carrier sales representatives which includes the recruitment, hiring, and training of new reps on the Mobilitie sales process.
- Continually assesses the customer’s needs and has the ability to solve customer requests and problems. Offers solutions that may include additional service offerings
- Generates and achieves monthly territory forecasts, and accurately predicts revenue monthly.
- Provide market/regional feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product/service development ideas.
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets.
- Works closely with cross functional internal leadership to ensure all projects meet internal and external requirements and specifications.
- Works closely with cross functional internal leadership in the management of, regional delivery resources, communications, and project plans.
- Continually maintain the pace and performance of Mobilitie deliverables on all projects within the assigned region.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of processes to continually improve organizational effectiveness between internal organizations.
- Responsible for communicating new and/or ongoing customer requirements and or changes to programs.
- Ensures final Site / Venue meets or exceeds client requirements
- Ensures the timely accomplishment of all customer requests and changes.
- Report on sales progress and key pursuits
- Identify additional resources and support when required to ensure overall success
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required, Advanced Degreepreferred
- Seven (7+) years business development and five (5+) or more years management experience within top tier National Carrier, OEM, integrator, or similar experience selling DAS, Wi-Fi or other wireless solutions
- Five or more (5+) years of Wireless NetworkExperience, especially in wireless infrastructure and large-scale programs
- Five or more (5+) years in progressively broader manager roles, preferably in a Business Development or Sales role.
- Strong account relationship skills, creative, driven, and self-motivated, with ability to work independently and with a team
- Skilled negotiator including the ability to take direction or resolve issues independently
- Excellent closing skills with the innate ability to overcome objections and obstacles throughout the sales process
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the instinctive ability to be adaptable to an ever-changing environment
- Strong presentation skills and working knowledge on Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to travel