The primary purpose of this role is to develop and execute upon marketing strategies that will drive mission awareness, visibility of of major partnerships, and revenue -- while also and enhancing the organization’s ability to attract relevant partners and donors.
The Director of Business Development Marketing will collaborate with colleagues in the Marketing and Communications Department, the Corporate Engagement Department, Mission Department, leadership team and other key stakeholders within the national and regional offices. He/She will be responsible for ensuring best practices with corporate/cause partnership and major gifts communications strategies based on industry trends and analytics, as well as evaluation and feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
This Director of Business Development Marketing will be responsible for supervising the work of one additional team member.
Corporate Partner Communications Strategy Development, Planning & Execution
- Serve as lead marketing strategist in recruiting/pitching new corporate partnership prospects and development of corporate sales pipeline
- Partner with Communications and Creative team in terms of messaging, both broadly to consumers and to specific corporate partnership prospects
- Leverage corporate relationships as a megaphone for amplification of organizational priorities, marketing opportunities and key moments
- Work with the Corporate Engagement team to enhance sales propositions for corporate prospects targeted for sponsorship of major campaigns and initiatives, such as March for Babies and It Starts With Mom
- Partner with others on the Marketing team in maintaining a suite of marketing tools to support successful corporate partner integration
- Support New Business Development team (CE and/or Mission team) on creation of mission-driven partnership proposals and sales pitches; share best practices with regional colleagues
- Work closely with the Data Analytics team on constituent and target audience insights, data analytics, and consumer market research needs in order to drive the creation of innovative partner marketing strategies
Leadership/Management of Corporate Partner Stewardship
- Working with Marketing, Mission and Corporate Engagement departments, oversee the ongoing design and optimization of marketing strategies and initiatives for national, regional and market office roll-out and adoption, providing clear guidelines and holistic/standard tools to support partnerships
- Oversee the day-to-day stewardship of corporate partners and execution of partnership marketing activities, including management of the Associate Director, Corporate Engagement Marketing
- Work in alignment with internal stakeholders to ensure the integration of corporate partner marketing activities into tentpole marketing moments and campaigns across the organization
- Lead cross-departmental working team supporting development of corporate partnership activations, working collaboratively across all areas of organization as an advisor and partner on opportunities
Fundraising Communications Strategy & Planning
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, work to maintain a suite of marketing communications strategies and tools to support successful fundraising/market impact inititatives, such as those for major gifts and planned giving programs, as well as other major mission investment opportunities.
- Provide expertise and guidance to regional/market based colleagues on various elements of major gifts marketing and sales strategies and plans, including support with major presentations needed at regional/market level
- Partner with Creative team and other Marketing team colleagues in terms of messaging to a variety of prospective donor audiences and personas
- Develop and employ a deep understanding of target demographic segments across a variety of data sources (internal donor database, primary and secondary research, etc.) to drive donor marketing campaigns and strategies
- 8-10 years experience
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility and ability to juggle multiple, complex projects