As the largest consultancy of regulatory and medical writers in the industry, Synchrogenix, a Certara company, is a well-recognized, multi-disciplined provider of regulatory writing, strategy, operations, and medical communications services. Synchrogenix also comprises our Evidence-Value-Access (EvA) suite of solutions for firms pursuing optimal market access, data analytics and modeling, product positioning, pricing optimization, and post-approval commercial expansion via real world evidence and data. These market access solutions enable pre-, peri, and post-approval drug/vaccine solutions, improving their product positioning, informing on expanded indications to improve patient health, and maximizing returns.
Synchrogenix’s expert, market-honed solutions cover a broad range of consulting services and provide our clients with assured, accelerated market authorizations and market access benefits.
We seek a Director - Business Development professional for our market access service business. The individual will focus on driving a portion of the business development efforts, as a direct BD contributor. Key responsibilities will include delivering sales results for the EvA business selling the full range of market access consulting services, data analytics and modeling, HEOR and HTA focused advice, with real world data – real world evidence insights. S/he will work closely with the existing EvA BD team and appropriate EvA service line leaders/SMEs as appropriate. Since we offer strategic solutions, it is imperative that this BD director work closely with our key subject matter experts. This individual will be responsible for personally leading key accounts, and prospecting for, landing and developing prospective accounts.
In this role, s/he will plan and execute against the overall Synchrogenix business development plan, which will include working with other stakeholders across Synchrogenix, and in some cases, across other Certara business units more broadly. As an important member of the EvA BD team, this individual will also be responsible for supporting the Sr Director/EvA BD and the VP, Global BD to drive business results for our market access portfolio. S/he will generate, advance, win, and replenish a pipeline of opportunities. This includes developing and updating Key Account plans and Win Themes/Contact Maps for large value opportunities. The BD Director is responsible for maintaining an active Salesfore.com record of Leads, Contacts, Accounts, and Opportunities. Major Tasks, Calls, Referrals and other sales activities will also be logged in SF.
The BD Director will contribute to, understand, and apply the go-to-market strategy and value proposition for both new logo and existing client accounts. The individual will need to be able to present capabilities to clients independently and manage relationships with key clients and accounts alongside other BD colleagues. The BD Director will have annual Net Bookings quota to achieve, with a focus on both existing and new accounts.
This role requires strong initiative, self-motivation and coordination with other team members. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong sales aptitude and a demonstrated capability and willingness to engage and achieve, as evidenced by multi-million-dollar annual bookings attainments personally.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the primary BD lead for all assigned key accounts, and opportunistic or smaller non-key accounts. This includes utilizing market knowledge and industry contacts to grow the EvA business in line with agreed commercial goals.
- The role covers both existing clients and new. It comprises pursuing new client opportunities, identifying new contacts and accounts, and growing the range of business in existing accounts.
- Establish multiple-level contacts within assigned accounts by presenting to, consulting with, and cultivating relationships at all buying levels within assigned accounts.
- Qualify companies and contacts to understand the customer’s key needs/challenges through identification, discovery, planning and account/customer qualifications.
- For special projects, take responsibility for leading specific account growth initiatives on behalf of the BD group as a whole to facilitate the success of the team.
- Other typical duties entail:
- Create, enhance, and maintain Trust in all account relationships. Trust is improved by advancing client relationships (intimacy), achieving solid credibility, and working the clients to mitigate risk at the project, program, and portfolio level.
- Regularly convert follow-up leads into sales through professional key account management and the skillful application of sales tools and techniques.
- Ensure priority account plans are developed, executed and maintained in conjunction with annual account planning processes as well as the specific business needs
- Starting from approved SGX capabilities and related marketing materials develop client specific presentations and contribute to the RFP response and proposal process, developing appropriate win strategies based on your knowledge of the client.
- Provide clear direction, and actively communicate with the sales team and other stakeholders and identify market trends to help formulate lead-generation plans that will lead to new revenue generation opportunities.
- Work cooperatively across the global market access practice groups to provide business development expertise and facilitate scientific and operational expert involvement as required ensuring that company's revenue and profitability goals are achieved. This position does involve team selling and collaborating on specific business unit priorities.
- Participate in professional trade shows and clinical conferences, or the equivalent, (or as practically possible), setting up client meetings, exhibit coverage and lead generation.
- Work with the respective Proposals and Contracts (Commercial Operations) groups to contribute to the implementation of Master Service Agreements (MSAs), negotiate preferred provider agreements and volume pricing, and provide project-level contracting and business development support.
- Document communication/discussions and all opportunity details in SalesForce.com to ensure a tracked record of existing correspondence and/or future next steps required.
- Gather market intelligence as input to product management and product marketing to improve offerings and communication for local market needs.
Education, Experience, Training, and Knowledge:
- Understanding of the market access space within biopharmaceutical organizations and their budget drivers is required.
- Master’s degree in the life or health sciences, health economics, or an advanced business degree is preferred. BA/BS minimum.
- Demonstrated experience of managing client relationships, preferably Tier 1 and 2 biopharma
- Working collaboratively with the EvA team, to execute against and achieve quota on a consistent basis, and to build/maintain/replenish a vigorous pipeline of realistic opportunities
- Proven track-record of high level of sales performance in a competitive, dynamic marketplace.
- Consistent success in account development.
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com and other sales/marketing software tools for managing a sales team against target metrics.
Skills & Abilities:
- Goal-oriented, with a demonstrated track record as a player to consistently deliver against bookings (sales) objectives, $5MM+.
- Strategic thinker and ability to constructively challenge and influence the decision-making process
- To advise Commercial/BD leadership with developing sales strategy, sales territories, and the logical allocation of key accounts.
- Able to effectively translate overall strategies into actionable operational plans and assure implementation. Able to drive initiatives to completion.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional commercialization teams
- Able to operate in a team setting and be capable of building strong, trusting relationships with peers and their organizations.
- Possess well-developed interpersonal skills to maintain close working relationships at multiple levels within an organization.
- Able to work with a global BD team and support clients across multiple geographies – specific North American biopharma/biotech market experience desirable
- Prior experience with professional Client Relationship Management systems like Saleforce.com or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced and adept in a variety of negotiating settings.
- Strong analytical skills with a data-driven focus.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated professional with ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- High ethical standards and personal integrity.