LEO A DALY is a leader in the design of the built environment dedicated to transforming the human experience through the power of design. We created places that inspire wonder, connect communities and enable great things. Our creative teams combine planning, architecture, engineering, interiors and program management to deliver truly integrated design.
We are a diverse collection of inventive problem solvers united by a passion for great design.
We own the impact of our work, socially, economically and environmentally. In collaboration with our clients and each other, we create innovative, thoughtful and sustainable solutions to the urgent challenges that face our world.
This role entails directing, managing, and growing the successful business development strategies in the studio for 3 primary markets, Higher Education, Public and Institutional, and Workplace. Reporting directly to the Managing Principal of the studio, the Director of Business Development will foster client relationships through market positioning and capture planning. As part of the studio leadership team, you will work collaboratively with the studio leadership. You will create, implement, and maintain effective sales programs to grow new business prospects, identifying and developing qualified pursuits. Utilizing strong communication skills, you will work with the entire network of business development professionals worldwide in support of the whole company.
- Set the growth strategy with the Managing Principal and studio practice leaders, including forming the fiscal year studio business plan and marketing/business development budget
- Participate, lead and oversee pursuit strategies, including managing Go/No-Go’s with the studio leadership
- Lead and/or support capture plan development for pursuits or clients;
- Support the development of winning presentations, from rehearsals, coaching, vetting and participating where appropriate
- Lead regular business development and marketing meetings within the studio with studio leadership, coordinating strategic client relationships and pursuit strategies, as well as community engagement
- Utilize and organize Deltek Vision/Vantage CRM process and monitor Key Performance Indicators and data management process with Marketing staff
- Lead, organize and guide the activities of the studio marketing teammates for effective positioning, proposal development and conference coordination; • Participate with the global forum of business development leadership and coordinate with the chief development officer.
- Maintain client relationships throughout the life cycle of the project, to optimize the client experience, help exceed expectations, and position the firm for repeat work.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Marketing, Communications or related field, or a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Planning or Construction
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the A/E/C industry, with preferred specific emphasis design
- Experience in proposal preparation (up-front planning, win strategy development, writing executive summaries, Go/No Go decisions,) and in formal presentation delivery processes
- Proficiency in use and application of Adobe Suite of products, Microsoft Office and CRM Program (Deltek preferred).
- Team player with an ability to create win-win situations through a positive attitude