$200K — $250K *
At Certara, we accelerate medicines to patients by partnering with life science innovators.
In the past 6 years, over 90% of companies that received new drug approvals by the FDA used our software or services. Our integrated and proprietary end-to-end platform with biosimulation, regulatory science, and market access solutions combined with our strong team of scientists and subject matter experts enable our clients to have:
Certara is a global team that fosters and nurtures a diverse and inclusive culture. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The collective sum of our individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and unique capabilities and talent represents a significant part of our culture, our reputation and our achievement.
Together with our partners, we use biosimulation and technology-enabled services to transform drug discovery and development across all therapeutic areas and innovative therapies.
Certara is hiring a Director of Business Development – Key Account Manager (KAM) for our Software division based in the USA focusing on driving growth for Certara’s existing products in the top 50 pharmaceutical companies. The ideal candidate will be located in the United States. In this role, you will build and maintain a thorough understanding of Certara software products and service and work closely to manage and grow our existing business through our direct sales model with top 50 pharmaceutical clients. The role requires industry knowledge including competitive landscape, customer pain points and requirements, in order to properly position our software solutions with top 50 pharmaceutical companies and CROs. This role requires strong initiative, self-motivation and coordination with other team members. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong sales aptitude and a willingness to grow sales in the key name accounts within the top 50 pharmaceutical companies. The software DBD-KAM is responsible for seeking out new business opportunities and expanding our software penetration in the top 50 pharmaceutical accounts. You will develop, coordinate, and implement plans designed to increase existing business and create/capture new opportunities. You must be keenly aware of organizational growth initiatives related to the life science market and target customer segments, as well as Certara’s potential to meet customer needs with our software products and services.
• Establish multiple-level contacts within assigned accounts by presenting to, consulting with, and cultivating
relationships at all buying levels
• Qualify companies and contacts to understand the customer’s key needs/challenges through identification,
discovery, planning and account/customer qualifications.
• Grow sales by successfully initiating client contacts, generate new leads, and follow up on assigned leads.
Identify profile and aggressively pursue new clients in the life sciences industry.
• Grow sales and follow-up leads into sales through professional key account management.
• Develop client specific presentations and contribute to the RFP response and proposal process, developing
appropriate win strategies based on your knowledge of the client.
• Work with marketing to formulate lead-generation plans that will lead to new revenue generation
• Participate in professional trade shows and clinical conferences, or the equivalent, (or as practically
possible), setting up client meetings, exhibit coverage and lead generation.
• Document communication/discussions and all opportunity details in SalesForce.o ensure a tracked
record of existing correspondence and/or future next steps required.
• Utilize market knowledge and industry contacts to grow the Software business in line with agreed
commercial goals. This will include pursuing new product opportunities, identifying new contacts and
accounts, and broadening the range of business in existing accounts.
• Meet/exceed sales quota on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Follow Certara processes and best practices for properly working Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs)
• Document all activities (phone and email outreach) within our Salesforce Lightning CRM
Education, Experience, Training, and Knowledge:
• 7+ years as a business development manager, preferably within the pharmaceutical and enterprise B2B
• Master’s degree (in a science discipline) or advanced business degree preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail for capturing all sales interaction into Salesforce
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Ability to work in a high energy team environment
• Experienced in the MS Office suite (Excel/Word/PPT)
• Proven track record of high level of sales performance in a competitive, dynamic marketplace.
• Speaks fluent Englis
Valid through: 6/20/2021
$250K — $250K+*
7 days ago