The RDBD oversees the monitoring of market and sales conditions in support of overall Regional and Company growth goals. The position is responsible for ensuring market focus, including identifying market drivers and trends and H&M brand management. A
Through a strategic business development process, the individual will develop market plans that include priority customer and geography identification, prospect qualification, opportunity identification, strategic teaming partner and external resource identification, and coordination of required resources to ensure regional capture and hit rate targets are achieved. The RDBD ensures that account management plans are maintained and that we are meeting customer expectations and overall account revenue targets are achieved.
- Identifies and establishes productive, professional relationships with key contacts at a strategic level within new client and business partner organizations.
- Manages and coordinates region-wide strategic business development process:
- Ensures market focus and capture rate improvement in alignment with regional/corporate goals.
- Provides training and direction to regional resources.
- Establishes targets for profitable sales volume and objectives for new and existing strategic accounts and works closely with regional resources to realize targets.
- Leverages, integrates and ensures the information and intelligence of the customer relationship management (CRM) tool advances company objectives for tracking and capture goals.
- Provides coordination of data that supports new work (bookings) targets and annual business planning.
- Oversees Proposal Development Team and process.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Supports achievement of regional new work bookings and account plan growth goals.
- Develops and manages formalized customer feedback program.
- Reports to Operations Vice President.
- Collaborates with Business Development Managers in each major market (Power, Communications, Gas Distribution).
- Manages Proposal Development Team Manager.
- Closely coordinates with Business Development and Operations resources to leverage existing strategic account relationships and new account penetration.
- Works closely with regional resources to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Enlists the support of sales and technical specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed. These resources may be internal or external to H&M.
- 15 years’ experience in a variety of marketing and sales functions required.
- 4 year business or technical degree with background training in marketing and sales desired.
- MBA from accredited institution desired.
- 10 years’ experience in developing and leading capture strategies and pursuit management within utility infrastructure markets (Power, Communications, Gas Distribution) with both commercial and government clients desired.
- Demonstrated success with new business development with clients across multiple market segments required.
- Must possess excellent communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to produce highly professional proposals and presentations.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship of a work visa.