DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – Ground Combat Systems
A unique and innovative Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced technology for military & defense, homeland security, and emerging markets is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Director, Business Development. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic “hands-on get-it-done” individual to contribute to the development of business of the highest importance to the future growth of the Corporation. The Director, Business Development will report to the Vice President, Business Development for Airborne Systems and be responsible for all aspects of the business development/capture lifecycle, from opportunity creation/ identification through to award, including customer relationship, opportunity identification, proposal generation and overall customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will be an experienced professional that drives the business growth across POC divisions focusing on military ground forces and associated Tier 1 system integrators. The successful candidate will present a proven track record of action management of technically complex programs and engineering tasks, which are essential skills for developing business utilizing cutting edge technologies. The candidate must quickly assume leadership responsibility for capturing large size military programs as well as successful transition to program execution.
· Identification and capture of new business including Small Business Innovation Research Transition with focus on year over year revenue growth.
· Support strategic long range planning, market analyses and forecast data for DoD and commercial market sector.
· Actively participate in the identification and qualification process of potential business opportunities to ensure alignment with POC’s strategic goals and objectives.
· Lead capture and proposal team activities with a focus on customer requirements and budget, competitive intelligence and price-to-win analyses.
· Conduct customer engagements and customer call planning with the purpose of establishing critical trust with senior leaders of Army and Marine Corps ground combat programs.
· Identification of strategic alliances, teammates and partners for key pursuit opportunities.
· Participate in relevant trade shows, industry days and seminars to stay abreast of customer strategies, goals and objectives.
· Identify and pursue opportunities for Foreign Military Sales of existing POC products in compliance with current ITAR and US Export restrictions.
·Will be required to travel up to 50%.
· Former Army and/or Marine Corps veteran (transitioning veterans welcome)
· Completed (1) assignment in the Marine Corps Systems Command Program/Platform acquisition offices or
· Completed (1) assignment in the Army’s Ground Combat Vehicle (GCV) Program
· Ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in fire control systems, software defined radio, communications, radio jammers, and/or navigation strongly preferred
· A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Avionics Engineering, Computer Science or similar with 10+ years of experience. (May be open to consider candidates without a technical degree)
· If no technical degree, candidates may qualify with a Master’s degree in Business Administration or similar with 10+ years of experience.
· 5+ years of experience in Business Development and/or Program Management experience in Ground Combat Vehicles or ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) (preferred, open to other complex platforms) or equivalent military experience.
· Practical understanding of technology transitioning, product/market development, and marketing/product planning for US military applications (preferably specific to Ground Combat Vehicles programs)
· Knowledge of conducting and directing competitive product analysis using market research techniques and a solid technical understanding of service/agency needs and requirements
· Must have proposal development/writing and basic contracting/negotiation skills
· Strong leadership skills, excellent communication (presentation, written, and verbal), and relationship building skills. Good problem solving ability to work with a diverse work force.
· Must have or be able to obtain a security clearance within one year of employment.